The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Got PDN a couple weeks ago.

Played around.

Got this.

idkdw4.th.png

I'm used to Photoshop, so be as brutal as possible... :wink:

P.S. When I check "Notify me when a reply is posted", do i get an email or message every time somebody posts? Or is it just when someone quotes me? Or...

Here is something I did tonight. Kinda like this one - >

th_ribbons.png

<>

This reminds me of the pattern on the big "Sandwich" plate my mom gets out on Special Occations like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, ect....

th_platter.png

<>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

Got PDN a couple weeks ago.

Played around.

Got this.

idkdw4.th.png

I'm used to Photoshop, so be as brutal as possible... :wink:

P.S. When I check "Notify me when a reply is posted", do i get an email or message every time somebody posts? Or is it just when someone quotes me? Or...

Now thats some subtlety I can learn to like a lot, cool design.

corridor.png

Here is something I did tonight. Kinda like this one - >

th_ribbons.png

<>

This reminds me of the pattern on the big "Sandwich" plate my mom gets out on Special Occations like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, ect....

th_platter.png

<>

That first one is pretty schwangin. :) Love the ribbon effect.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

[...] When I check "Notify me when a reply is posted", do i get an email or message every time somebody posts? Or is it just when someone quotes me? Or...

It goes to your email.

---

Ok so I was playing around with the "Cool Fireball Effect" tutorial and tried making a car lighter.

Can any Shape3D gurus help me out with getting it to look more metallic and maybe help me out with tapering the edges so it looks more natural?

lighter.png

---

I also ended up with something that looks battery-ish. :/

duracellrecolor.png

---

@ verndewd - Your glass is very impressive as usual. Always fun to stare at :) But what's with that "jump" at the bottom?

[...] When I check "Notify me when a reply is posted", do i get an email or message every time somebody posts? Or is it just when someone quotes me? Or...

It goes to your email.

---

Ok so I was playing around with the "Cool Fireball Effect" tutorial and tried making a car lighter.

Can any Shape3D gurus help me out with getting it to look more metallic and maybe help me out with tapering the edges so it looks more natural?

lighter.png

---

I also ended up with something that looks battery-ish. :/

duracellrecolor.png

---

@ verndewd - Your glass is very impressive as usual. Always fun to stare at :) But what's with that "jump" at the bottom?

A mere over sight :) . for chrome shading tips visit my sig tutorial. The basics of my chrome are in that. Nice 3d shapes BTW :P

duality.png

That first one is pretty schwangin. :) Love the ribbon effect.

Schwangin? is that good or bad???

By the way the "competition" between you and Vlad a couple pages back was really cool. I love all the Glassy/metalics you two have been doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

schwangin is good, slang for swinging , a slang term from the 20's meaning cool or nice with enthusiasm.

Vlad has taken My sig tut to his own inspiring level and expounded on the ideas beyond What i could have expected. Hes a good artist , he will really help make PDN shine to newcomers.

Thank you for the very kind words :)

Thanks, verndewd! The chrome makes it look leaps and bounds better!

chromelighter.png

all I can say is BAM ! Dass waht I be talking bout Yo. I have an idea that could work for your heater coil better.

Create some 2px circles to simulate the real deal and duplicate them offsetting each dupe 1 px after Gaussian blur at 2px drop shadow white and curves + red add enough green for an orange accent and pull back the blue 70%.

Ill make a quickie and show you.

ciglighter.png

I didnt follow my method above :D too many ways to arrive at this one to stay focused.

Hmm, this is based off of what you said earlier. I think it looks more like the element (or filament?) coils inside the real ones.

filamentlighter.png

The exact color is tricky to get down for me.

Well it's late here and I'm off to sleep. Thanks for all the tips. :)

cigburner2.png

heres what I got. my mistake was assuming the blur for each level. I did one blur level to correct my assumption and kept the rest solid which them I may use to fill out the coloring with drop shadow.

Sleep well. :)

burner.png

Vlad thats sick :shock: There is mad detail in that, dewd. You really have become an excellent PDN artist in your own right.

Thanks verndewd....

here's something i been messing around with calling it lapis lazulite room the same stone that the walls of bablon was made out of.

th_LAPISLAZULITEROOM.png

Vlad, I just wanted to say I love the color's you combine and the results you acheive!

I especially like the blade on this.........(below)

th_CrystalAxe.png

This is a wonderful peice and the first thing I thought was if you could write a Tut, but I understand the difficulty in reproducing something that wonderful step by step. I think You and Verndewd should be concidered some of the fastest advancing PdN users on this site.

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery