Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

I beg to differ; Ash's cubes are better in my opinion. Yours are still great, vern.

You're entitled to that, but Vern's have more texture in them and are therefore more realistic. Its one thing to make a cube on an graphic manipulating program, but it is another to step it forward and enhance the program's ability.

While Ash's was indeed good, Vern's was beyond what can easily be achieved and thus I conclude that Vern's, not Ash's, cubes are better.

I beg to differ; Ash's cubes are better in my opinion. Yours are still great, vern.

You're entitled to that, but Vern's have more texture in them and are therefore more realistic. Its one thing to make a cube on an graphic manipulating program, but it is another to step it forward and enhance the program's ability.

While Ash's was indeed good, Vern's was beyond what can easily be achieved and thus I conclude that Vern's, not Ash's, cubes are better.

Thats the beauty of ash's cube, its not easy, but its easier than I thought it was for one part of its construction. making a smooth transparent layer convincing like ash did isnt easy especially with the other walls and corners behind it.

I dont mean to seem ungrateful because its rare when I get that kind of support here, really this is one of a few times and I have never recieved this strong of an accolade from a peer here.

I just think that you may be missing the context of ash's cube or if you arent Then the comparison of illusory reflective qualities of either cube has revealed your preference. And having one preference swayed from a great pixel manipulator like ash is really a gracious compliment.

glasscubecglassandsteel.png

From inside a glass of bubbled water:

th_intheglass.jpg

@ash: you're so good!

You too :)

I like this idea!

If you make with yellow-ish color we will have champagne :D

I guess you have to be around 18 in Euro and 21 in USA....or no party :P

You should start to post more on your dA.

xtree46.png

xtree43.png

xtree6.png

Been working on Chirstmas

My 11 yr old has just downloaded PDN and loves these trees. Is there a tut anywhere for these if not would one be possible? or a PM with some advice for us both?

xtree46.png

xtree43.png

xtree6.png

Been working on Chirstmas

My 11 yr old has just downloaded PDN and loves these trees. Is there a tut anywhere for these if not would one be possible? or a PM with some advice for us both?

second that tut request these are lovely.

SAPIN.jpg

Draw triangles and use the tube oblique plugin...

To put the sparkles, I create a new layer blend mode=additive, filled with black and I spot white dots where I want the sparkles to be. Make the dot bigger for a bigger sparkle!

@madjik thanks finally got it. two things I kept doing incorrectly. I wasn't setting layer to additive and wasn't moving the flake/flare to 100.

thanks