The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

*Image Here*

I think any one can emulate the voids work its all a matter of thinking about his using simplicity to that effect.

To me it kinda seems you want to start competition.. Because you criticize my work more than anyones. :|

You roll your eyes at a lion that took a lot of hours and is coming along nicely, I think you do good work but I also believe that praise is going to your head. Humility is a good thing.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

well I think you do good work anyway maybe you just dont think about how the things you type could be read, Thats a pretty common thing on the net, and I have been guilty of that myself. Well if anything its a flag to you that some of the things you type could easilly be misread. You probably dont think anything about it since you dont mean anything by it.

FYI it comes off like a kid ego thing so you may want to give it some thought even though you dont intend to sound that way. :)

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

Well your art isn't complicated, it just looks good. That's no reason to belittle the art or the artist. I could say plenty or negative things about Vern's early work, but that's not constructive, and won't help him improve. He's come a long way since he first started posting his work, I don't see why others can't as well.

P.S. I would really like to know how, Rubrica created his sig

Next time please amke the text a bit bigger please! :wink:

Anyway, here is the tutorial (I'm posting it here so that I don't get anymore PM's; my sig isn't THAT good...

1)Get a nice stock image or make one yourself.

2)Make a selection of 500X150.

3)Resize this selection to the bigest size it can get without going off the canvas, making sure you hold shift down.

4)Copy this and paste it into a new image.

5)Under Adjustments, go to Black and White.

6)Now use curves to colour it an icy blue.

7)Create a new layerand use lightrays on it, making sure it's got an alpha gradient(The colours must be two different shades of blue.)

8)Set the blending mode of this layer to overlay.

9)Flatten the image.

10)Create a new layer and type your text.

11)Flatten it again.

There ya go!

Oh and Madjik, that is brilliant! I love things with those kind of cheerful, tropical colours.

That's pretty cool Rubrica! Here are my results :D

rurbrica.png

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I have seen this kinda thing a lot recently so thought I'd see if I could do it in PdN.

(image)

I'm kinda pleased with my result 8)

Me, too. Very nice!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.