Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

@ someone2016: From the thumbnails, I like the first one most. The second seems a bit... thin.

@ AndrewD: I like it, but could do with a bit more brightness, or a blue-y hue to the grey?

I'd prefer it myself if it was brighter, but it dosen't capture the tone right, so I just kept it how it is.

Had my wife take a picture of my while driving

Original

pdn_lotus_1.jpg

It was raining at the time, but the camera failed to pick up any of the clouds...so a perusing on Yahoo! images found me some good clouds to composite into the image. Balanced out the image much better.

Modified

pdn_lotus_2.jpg

Its my desktop at work now (1280x1024) :)

PS, I use Paint.NET for mostly photo editing, you guys that actually "create" images are pretty talanted!

Had my wife take a picture of my while driving

Original

It was raining at the time, but the camera failed to pick up any of the clouds...so a perusing on Yahoo! images found me some good clouds to composite into the image. Balanced out the image much better.

Modified

Its my desktop at work now (1280x1024) :)

PS, I use Paint.NET for mostly photo editing, you guys that actually "create" images are pretty talanted!

rich....RICH!! a Lotus Exige? how fast do u go in it?

I think fractals are cheating if the formula isn't from you.

not really cheating but I sure would like to see someone do one by drawing it in just paint.net. now that certainly would be awesome! I've been trying for days and can't come up with anything yet ........ but I'm working on it as soon as I get something remotely like these fractals I'll post a picture.

chow :wink:

so here is my first attempt at making a fractual stype picture using just paint.net.

anyone know how to get more tranparency?

afractalattempt100percentmadeinpain.png

Here are two of my best renders with terragen, but refined and edited in PDN (I used Curves+ a lot on the first one. Thanks pyro!)

th_whoa.jpg

th_whoa.jpg

Nice, I haven't used Terragen in a while.

I think I might as well go try out chaoscope since everyone else seems to be... o.O

@MattBlackLamb pretty good see you are haveing much same problem I'm having getting the depth and the tranparency ...most likely because we are using a 2D program mine I did a few layers of MKT's 3D

think I'm getting much closer

chow

better now try using other than sphere I used the cylinder shape and bring up the first nob to increase size play with the camera angle and the axis 3.

th_fractalattempt3.png

It gets bigger if you click on it ;)

That was with a cylinder that I did a Rectangular to Polar conversion on... :)

It looks good apart from the chopped off bit at the top & all the yellow/ orange / green down the side :)

I suggest you don't use clouds then. It's fractal perlin noise, according to Tom Jackson.

Oh, and maybe, you should try coding your own gaussian blur, because, it's cheating if you don't find the code yourself, huh?

It's about what you can do with what you have.

No harsh feelings :)

I suggest you don't use clouds then. It's fractal perlin noise, according to Tom Jackson.

Oh, and maybe, you should try coding your own gaussian blur, because, it's cheating if you don't find the code yourself, huh?

It's about what you can do with what you have.

No harsh feelings :)

Well said ^

aak :shock: ! Everyone is posting fractals :( ! I can't be left behind!

Here ye go! 8) :

insync.jpg

NICE.png

tk.jpg

wosome.jpg

I'm far to lazy to actually make fractals with pdn....

Thanks for the nice comment by the way hfire!

All of these images were done in Chaoscope, and edited in PDN. The first one was edited the most, and the second one was edited the least (a bit of curves+, luminosity, and sharpening..)

Here are two of my best renders with terragen, but refined and edited in PDN (I used Curves+ a lot on the first one. Thanks pyro!)

th_whoa.jpg

th_whoa.jpg

Wow this terragen program is amazing here is mine

Wateratlantis.jpg

Comments?

nice! You should download the surfaces/textures pack! I don't remember where the download site is, but it has all sorts of surfaces, like grass & rocks, light snow, heavy snow, etc.