The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

birdballjpg.jpg

You guys do wonderful things. Here is my Orb. I am trying not to be hooked on the 3D effect. I can spend two days making an image and then an effect makes it a work of art.

Last night I had a dream that CMD was sitting at Boltbait's desk and then drakaan walked in an ash and honda said... well it doesn't matter because RB told them to get back on thread, and that really pissed Madjik, paintboy and trickman off. I think they were going to say something about Helio. Busskill!

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

You guys do wonderful things. Here is my Orb. I am trying not to be hooked on the 3D effect. I can spend two days making an image and then an effect makes it a work of art.

nah...if it begins as poop, effects just make it poopier...you make pretty interesting stuff...I like the birds almost as much as the butterflies.

I remember getting totally stuck on "Glass Lens Bright" and the Fractal Explorer from a 1995-vintage copy of Aldus Photostyler LE and Kai's Power Tools...that was a loooong time ago (1995, in fact). I had about 40 different desktop wallpapers, and all of them looked like psychedelic easter eggs :lol:

Last night I had a dream that CMD was sitting at Boltbait's desk and then drakaan walked in an ash and honda said... well it doesn't matter because RB told them to get back on thread, and that really pissed Madjik, paintboy and trickman off. I think they were going to say something about Helio. Busskill!

That's how you know you spend too much time on the forums ;)

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Sorry 'bout the depression, but I really like that image. Looks like ink in water. How'd you get that effect?

tnx.. well i started off using madjik's tree plug in (forgot the amounts though, just make it big and have lots of branches).

then i used the polar inversion effect (made it look like the pattern you see..)

then i duplicated the layer 3 times:

==one is for the dents effect

==one for zoom blur delux(zoom is at top right corner)

==one for some gaussian blur.

(just play with the amounts and experiment)

make sure that the original layer is at the top.

then added some radial blur as a backround. :)

there you have it! :)

~~made this reply real quick (cause im at school), if you have questions, just pm me. k? :)

Thanks. I haven't played with the tree plugin yet and now I've got a reason. Again, well done.

@janettsue:

The middle one in this post is incredible. :)

@G06 Drifter:

I like the style of your logo. Well did! :)

@Ash:

Excellent shading on your tree. And welcome to the 4-digit post club! :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Began working through the "Let's make a chain" tutorial tonight, forged a link, and started throwing random plugins at it. Wound up with this:

chain_polar2.png

Sort of like a singularity in some sort of cage. And, yep, I really need some inspiration.

On a side note, someone had posted an image showing the sun ray effects degraded about the edges. I think I may have accidentally figured out how that was done. I used the cloud effect and then selectively colored some areas in. The image .pdn is on my page -- actually fairly small file this time.

ship.png

I scaned a coloring book to get the outline of the ship.

shipframed.png

I used the seamless helper to do this. How about that Mariner Star, I used the poly/star effect.

I had a little trouble with the inside outline, oh well, I did learn from it.

I think I will try an eyeball today.

Thanks for the kind words.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Did you use gimp? or photo shop? That ball is cool. Hey try doing some borealis in a ball like that. If you could animated it to look like a live aurora borealis inside it would be sooooo bad.

Hey blooper could you try that same effect with imaging a face. Its pretty obvious what major artist I am thinking of, pretty cool result from what I assume is a cube.

Well, to make the sphere I just used PdN, but to make the pic I used apophosys (I'm pretty sure that's the right spelling :wink: )

IntheDeepsig.jpg

^ My dA page :)

Thebanned3.jpg

DEWDSc.jpg

DEWDSd.jpg

Dewdsigg5.gif

Wow ash and blooper ,great stuff! What would really be nice is to have more flexibility with the plug ins. When i remember what I was thinking last night Ill fill that in :oops: like having scene lighting like gimp has so you can make an orb or anything and adjust the lighting direction as you are layering the scene. Bieng able to rotate the orbs and the spheres outside ths plugin would be cool as well.

Having a post render glass effect would be cool with some lighting options.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

Here's something I did too :) By the way, these car pictures are from this thread over in the Overflow where I posted pictures I took this last weekend: http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewt ... sc&start=0 . Head on over :)

IMG_1545_2_thumb.jpg

(Click for full size)

I used some Soften Portrait, Gaussian Blur, Add Noise, Sharpen, and a transparency gradient.

(Soften Portrait is a new effect in Paint.NET v3.10, which is not yet available. If you want to use that effect in the meantime, just download BoltBait's "Portrait" effect here: http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=4097 . The main difference in the one that will be built-in to Paint.NET is the slight name change, a little bit of optimization, and it'll be translated into all 8 languages of course.)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg