Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

Ha, I like the proverb too, and the construction of the sig itself.

one bit of "advice", the color of the texts, perhaps should be white, or, have a more defined outline so as to make it easier for some with not perfect eye sight to read it.

Again, good work though.

Oma, I am loving your bots.

I like a lot of the images that you guys are putting out here, very good work, one day, I will be just as good... LOL.

Sage

Extremely nice stefTACULAR, I love the overall feel, look and proverb you have chosen, it all works really well together. One bug-bear though, there is a one or two pixel line on the very top of your signature just behind the King, is it meant to be?

Other than that, brilliant.

something i came up with last night (after experimenting from different tuts, and adding my own touch :)):

i26029_wingssmaller.png

^^(scaled to a smaller size. click to see larger image)

Take a look ---- what do you think? Definately not Oma's Lion by far!

*image%20removed*

This reminded me of this lmao

lol, i know. charlie was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the pic. :lol:

Edit:@stefTACULAR: i loove your sig. especially the quote inside. it looks so well done. :)

I like it. I also like your sig. Not the text so much as the cool blue thingies in the background.

aile, that image is fantastic. the one thing i'd change would be the clouds. they just don't seem to fit the 'idea.'

I agree. But there has to be something to break up the black monotony.

CommanderSozo: thank you. actually, i had these 2 ideas for the sig (the blue thing and the words). i kinda had trouble merging the two, so i ended up at that. but i like it though, because it means something. :) :)

pyrochild:thanks for the compliment. are the clouds that obvious? lol i know, im bad @ backgrounds.

pyro, your eyes are like scanners. lol. they see everything.

Edit:david.atwell: i already have one. but it was my first, so it wasnt that good. lol tnx.

anyways, thanks guys for comments. :)

aile, that image is fantastic. the one thing i'd change would be the clouds. they just don't seem to fit the 'idea.'

I agree. But there has to be something to break up the black monotony.

Hmmmmm, sometimes black monotony is quite effective.

pyrochild:thanks for the compliment. are the clouds that obvious? lol i know, im bad @ backgrounds.

pyro, your eyes are like scanners. lol. they see everything.

You must be using a CRT (not flat) monitor. The clouds might be subtle on that, as CRT's often have bad contrast. ON my lovely LCD, though, they're probably more visible.

*lolz at "your eyes are like scanners"*

I'm a Cylon...

gatheringstormop7.png

100th Post :!: :D(at what point are you not a n00b?)

Beautiful work Ben...I love your abstracts. This one looks a bit like staring up at a forming twister...care to do a tut?

(at what point are you not a n00b?)

You're simply confused regarding semantics. :wink:

Newb: Someone who is new to the program. They are aware of their unfamiliarity with the program and they look for ways to improve their knowledge. They will look for the answers to any predicament and, if none is forthcoming, will ask well thought out questions when necessary. Newbs often mature into respected, contributing members of the community.

N00b: These guys are the annoying ones. They do not accept criticism, even when criticism is requested, and they do not listen if someone suggests they do something a different (usually better) way.

As far as I recall, you've never been a n00b. :)

If you're in need of disambiguation, this Ctrl-Alt-Del comic does a good job of illustrating the difference. :D

As for your picture, I love the inverted clouds in your twist effect. The reversal makes is look as if the sky is above it and the viewer is underneath on the "Yeah, we're about to get seriously screwed" end. The psudo-lightning around it is also very fitting and well implemented.

Thanks for the clarification, CMD. :D I don't remember exactly how I did it, but is used the basic principle of this tutorial (the ability to save histories would be of great help in so many ways :wink: ) If I figure out how I did it I'll post the steps somewhere.

Wow ben, that's REALLY good :shock: Cool way to decorate the tutorial :P

Anyway, that looked really cool, so I did the tut and altered it a tiny bit :)

untitledtornadofh1.jpg

Really just multi-coloured :wink:

A few photos I took at the St. Louis Zoo last month and edited.

Macaw_600.png

ElTigre_640.jpg

Click pictures for a larger view.