The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

zookey that's really good. I don't know what a synapsys pad is. Is it one of those things that you use at the postoffice?

Oma

@ Oma: A synapsys pad is the little square touchy pad on my laptop that is used like a mouse. I haven't yet installed Paint.NET on my desktop. I really should considering the screen size difference, the cordless optical mouse, and the 460 Gig of hard drive space. I just find the couch a more comfortable place to sit and draw. Would a real mouse give better control when drawing, or would a marbel mouse? Any suggestions?

Are there stores that have the graphic pads on display that anyone knows of?

I suppose I could scetch on paper and scan it into the computer but my scanner seems to conflict with my computer as of late. I have no idea why - checked the drivers ect.

@ Oma and Ash: Thanks for the compliments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

...Would a real mouse give better control when drawing, or would a marbel mouse? ...

In my experience, I'd have to say absolutely a real mouse (preferably optical) gives much better control, or at least speeds things up by a fair bit. I have a trackball at home, and I'm about ready to get rid of it in favor of a normal mouse (until maybe someday I can spring for a wacom tablet), so I'd shy away from a trackball.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

egyptian.jpg

I know, this isn't the greatest, nor hardest image to do, however, I thought the effect itself was nice.

My friend Julia, asked me to do some playing around with her name in egyptian hyrogliphics, so, this is what I cam up with.

I couldn't find a font with the correct images, so, I added the images one by one which were just black drawings and then did several layers (from top to bottom) white, black white black.

The top layer gaussian blur 1, next I f blurred the second black layer at 1, selected then refilled black, and g blurred again, and so on and so forth, to get the layered effect.

Once I did that, I then merged all layers except for the white background and the top white layer, and did a g blur at 1, one last time to get a nice blend.

It was fun, and easy, and could work well as a background type image on a website, or just a filler image on a website for eye candy.

Sage

When in doubt, Try it out.

greenandfire.png

I made this sig file using http://www.anim8or.com and making all of the textures with http://www.getpaint.net

I love freeware.

I wish I would know how to make images like you guys :wink:(although it may come in time...) I like the halo image aile, and pine, the rice army dude was funny :D

Well, here's something I just whipped up in a few minutes:

faceov4.jpg

IntheDeepsig.jpg

^ My dA page :)

PineappleQc: the grain of rice was so funny! :lol:

oma: thank you. yeah, i made it using the jello tut. the heart was actually a font, i think it was webdings or something. :) :)

and the robot! looks like the ones from those computer-animated cartoons! lol. cute work.

jerkfight & The_Lionhearted: salamat! the thing in the middle is actually in my tut (idk if you've seen it, but here it is). as for the ring... find it out yourself. lol :) thanks again :)

Ares: i want to know how you made that bg! looks like eyes from a peacock'wings. :lol:

Well, go on peeps, keep the pictures coming! :D

Edit: oma, your last work looks sooo good! me likey! lol haha.

A fun Calvin & Hobbes themed pic I made. I may resize it and use it as an avatar.

stupendousman.png

And here is a slightly Spiffed up (ha ha, get it? [/cheesiness]) version of the above picture.

stupendousman-1.png

Spiffed:-PThat's Stupendous.

HA! Oh, how I love the pun...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ok everyone. I am experimenting with PdN and I came up with an idea for 3D pictures. I'm sure it's probably been done, or mine may not be "true" 3D. I kinda like the outcome but am not sure if it works, as I do not have 3D glasses. =P

Here it is, if you like it tell me and I will make a *my first* tutorial, given there isn't one already.

darthvader3d.jpg

Again, just experimentation, just like that summer in Cancun.

cerberussig.png

@oma: wow, now THAT'S cool 8)

@CS: Calvin and hobbes are one of my favourite comic books. Great job :D

UJ: Unfortunately, I do not have 3D glasses either :P

Here's my try at a robot head. Fairly basic, and it's a cyclops :P and it's also supposed to be talking :wink:

robottalkingev2.gif

IntheDeepsig.jpg

^ My dA page :)

@spike121, @aile, @gangstacrab, @ash, @ares and anyone else I missed thanks for the nods to my last two pictures.

@ash saw tablets advertised at BestBuy this weekend $150. canadian range. going to have a look at them

might try for this on my Christmas wish list. maybe hubby will spring for that over that millenium diamond :lol:

@ares I love your robot I'm gonna steal that talking idea its great.

you should do that make an eye tut by I think it was Madjik for the centre of his forehead. :wink:

@unclejordan I don't have 3d glasses but what did you do here. might try it out if I can get a pair off one of the grandkids for a few hours.

@comandosozo I just love Calvin!

Everyone: Thanks for the apprecitation!

Ares: Interesting idea for a robot. Very old school mouth, I like it.

Jordan: I had 3D glasses once, but now they're MIA.

David.Atwell: I like your sig. In fact I have that font!

Oma: I like your pic at the top of the page.

And now, before and after pics of my avatar:

stupendous.gif

...to...

stupendousman-1.png

Tada! What a long post.