The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

@Ash: all i can say is what the hell... cant believe that pumpkin is 100% pdn... especially the stalk (or the branch, or the handle of the pumpkin or whatever you call it.) it looked so realistic. do you use a tablet?

honestly, i stared at the thing for like, 5 minutes...

Thank you 8)

:) I wish I had a tablet :?

I am not sure maybe call it the stem?

Glad you notice that part too, I did the stem the last and I really wanna make it look real,

if I didn't, I feel it would "waste" the hard work I did on the pumpkin/Jack-o-lantern. :D

Here's the version with out the eyes and mouth, enjoy! :lol:

th_aee88187.jpg

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

My take on Helio's sig:

(img)

Just a quick hack job. I'm sure he could do better.

Cool, thanks! I am updating it, including making it transparent so that it will look good on bright forum skins (usedHONDA-ish).

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I can assure you that everything is entirely made in Paint.NET, unless it is said that such and such programs were used (Terragen, GIM.. *shot* ). Some people do use tablets, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head is aatwo.

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

You guys make this ONLY in paint.net, or you use some more programs or utilities, or pen tablet and such?

I want the publicly recognize this as the single most flattering compliment anyone on this forum has/will ever receive...

Btw, like Helio said, anyone who respects the nature and spirit of this forum will specify in the post if they used anything other that Paint.NET to create what they posted.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Some people do use tablets, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head is aatwo.

And moi, but I haven't really posted my work here, and the stuff I do is more photo manipulation; the tablet makes it much easier for smoother curves and such, nothing like aatwo's style.

Practice and (my favourite) experimentation makes perfect. Always (well, almost always, you have to want to learn something to be able to do it at the end of it all).

And also, look for inspiration, and try to duplicate things (like Drakaan). It's awfully good practice!

A bot in few steps:

1.start a white image 800x600

2.use the Shape3d plugin: sphere, light:on, x for light=0

3.enlarge canvas to 800x1200, with image in top position...

4.use the tube effect to distort the sphere and obtain a shape for the face (vertical only).

5.use the tube effect to create over shapes (H=200,V=200)

6.use the glassy button tut for the eyes.

7.etc...