Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

!

img tags are not you friend if you already have img tags

sry you do that all the time, nice pic though

sorry freak not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.

I go to photobucket and click the image url and then hit image tag above and paste photo and then end tag

is this not correct method

this old bird can learn just need more instruction than most.

just let me know what I do incorrectly and I'll try to fix it.

:wink:

!

img tags are not you friend if you already have img tags

sry you do that all the time, nice pic though

sorry freak not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.

I go to photobucket and click the image url and then hit image tag above and paste photo and then end tag

is this not correct method

this old bird can learn just need more instruction than most.

just let me know what I do incorrectly and I'll try to fix it.

:wink:

lol just copy the coded link and paste it, don't click the img codes because you already have them :lol:

"smack" heel of palm hits forhead ! ouch !

by jove I think I've got it .........finally you all groan.

cheers OMA

PS. now don't you all wish you had such a progressive grandmother. ....another big sigh form the forum.

I was playing around with PDN and i came up with this sig.

xExpirationx3.png

It's my first piece of art I've done from scratch. :D

I like it!

I like that. Were the red areas done with the cloud effect? I've been trying to do a "rusty metal" in PDN and this looks like it might do the trick for me.

xExpirationx3.png

I like it!

I'd like to second that!

Before:l_7fc50d25f8efc75f78bb9fe6980a1f71.jpg

After:l_bd1861066b3163dcb930a93157f120fd.png

Suggestions, or words of advice please?

I like that. Were the red areas done with the cloud effect? I've been trying to do a "rusty metal" in PDN and this looks like it might do the trick for me.

Yes, I used the cloud effect over a dark red linear gradient with color burn (if I recall correctly) layer mode. And then a bunch of other stuff.

I like it!

Thanks! :P

Wow, that looks great! Even better than my sig :x. However, it's a tad too big to be used as your sig.

Yes, I used the cloud effect over a dark red linear gradient with color burn (if I recall correctly) layer mode. And then a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks. That helps me a lot. Hopefully I'll have something to put up in a couple of days.

Expiration, that is very nice looking, however the maximum width for a sig is 500 pixels; yours is 550.

mustang maverick, who is that? is it you? nice cutout. could do with a bit more touching up, but still nice.

aguba, update your sig; now Bob and I quote each other as well :wink:

Expiration, that is very nice looking, however the maximum width for a sig is 500 pixels; yours is 550.

mustang maverick, who is that? is it you? nice cutout. could do with a bit more touching up, but still nice.

No i'm a guy. :wink:

l_175e2122413c097a39cff8e287f44332.jpg

The girl from quite a few of the pictures i've posted is a close friend of mine.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll work on that.

Thanks. That helps me a lot. Hopefully I'll have something to put up in a couple of days.

I figured out how to duplicate that effect, but its very very long. :?

No i'm a guy. :wink:

l_175e2122413c097a39cff8e287f44332.jpg

The girl from quite a few of the pictures i've posted is a close friend of mine.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll work on that.

I love Paint.NET! I forget how long I've had it, but I don't even miss Photoshop. Okay, maybe a little, but mostly because I haven't learned all of the dot net tricks yet. I tend to stick to the same techniques. But I've been branching out from pixel graphics and wanted to show the results.

This was a pencil sketch that I scanned into my computer. I colored it using Paint.NET. I do it the lazy way. I separate the different color sections (hair, skin, clothes, flower parts) into their own layers, create a new layer, fill it with whatever color I want that part to be and then mess with the Blending Mode, hue/saturation, and brightness/contrast until I have what I like.

lisa-small.jpg

Pencil sketches tend to be pretty light, so to get that inky look, I start out by duplicating the sketch, and using the Multiply blending mode on the top layer. It works a lot better than messing with brightness/contrast.

To get her tattoos to have that rainbow effect, I made a layer and filled it with different colors. Then I magic wanded the body and deleted the rest. The blue/purple skin was on a different layer, so all I did was erase the parts where the tattoo was, and the rainbow peeked through where I erased. Similar technique for the wings.

A nice, simple way to add texture to the color is to make a layer and use the cloud effect with two similar colors before messing with the blending mode. I did that for the flower petals and the pollen thingy.

I really like Overlay, Additive, and Multiply for this technique, but it depends on what you're going for. The first time I used this technique, the results were a little crude, but with practice, I ended up with this. I really like it.

I've seen people mentioning plug-ins, so I'll have to check those out. Take care! :D

My elemental orb series - I like orbs :)

Water: bluemarblexr3.png

Earth: greenmarbleag5.png

Fire: firemarblelx8.png

Fire looks the best because I did it the old fashioned way - without using Shape3D