Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

Ok, been working on this the past two nights. I think I'm done... :D

Volcanic.png

Dude that's sweet! Can you post a tutorial?

Thank you very much to everybody for all the great compliments. It's very much appreciated. :wink: :D

I am very pleased how this last one (I've titled it 'Volcanic') turned out and can also say that it was completely created with Paint.NET. Didn't use any photos and I can't draw to save my life. That said, 'Volcanic' was created by just manipulating the tools and effects of Paint.NET (actually, about 80% of it is using the clouds effect).

I can try putting together a tutorial, but really I just used some of the things that I learned in some of the other tutorials already posted. I'd actually be scared to see a tutorial for this, it took me maybe a total of 8 hours from start to finish and a tutorial would be quite massive. I probably try recreating it using fewer steps and base a tutorial off of that. The best advice that I could give is to let your imagination do most of the work. :wink:

Thanks again.

First skiing sig, finally filming now that the season is over. :( Pics coming soon of switch cork5... and hopefully cork180

skiingsigcrappy1dy9.jpg

@Helio's bubble: It looks good, but it would look better if there was less blur on the edges. But unfortunately, it's impossible to fix that, now.

Just for fun I've been working on making some real looking eyeballs. Am I getting close?

eyeballs1.png

eyeballs2.png

Maybe, maybe not....

Got to playing around....

This stewie01.gif turned into this stewie01realeyes.gif

If you see a flat grey rectangular background, that's not me. It didn't show when I viewed the image in Firefox (what I use at home). However, IE (company standard) puts the grey in there no matter what the background color of the page it's posted on.

inia1tr8.png

I'm just a newb with no real art training, so it'll be a while before I can do any of the cool stuff I've seen here.

If you see a flat grey rectangular background, that's not me. It didn't show when I viewed the image in Firefox (what I use at home). However, IE (company standard) puts the grey in there no matter what the background color of the page it's posted on.

Doesn't seem to have this problem with IE 7.0...

BTW nice picture!

a mix of a few effects...

PurpleResized.jpg

turned out pretty good yehh?

Easter eggs ?

not sure what they are.. just got the shape from the spiroshapes thing..

easter eggs they are :)

Yes, IE7 supports transparency well. If you are using IE and don't have 7, get it now! Personally, I have IE and Firefox, so...

Those eyeballs are nice, jpope. I would try to soften the border between pupil and the iris, though. And make them look a little more glassy.

I like it, Jettyy. Very cool!

Ah, thanks for the info!

My company has that kind of stuff locked down pretty tight, so until they choose to upgrade to 7.0, I am stuck with the version currently installed (6.0.x). Since I don't use IE at home, so it's not something I pay much attention to. Guess I might have to put it back if I'm going to be posting more images.

Loving the Easter eggs btw :)