The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Just saved it, and did an auto level. Way better background. There are obviously great details in the background. I se no problem making it even brighter.

But the two pictures you used are good. And the combination of the two is great.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Nice Jake. looks kinda similar to something I was workin' on last night....I was trying to reproduce the Vista Log on screen, but just ended up looking like a bunch on blurred lines and stuff...But that Sig looks nice and simple.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Hi

I am new to this program and forum... and must say this program will do almost anything I need :)

This was done with PaintdotNet 2.xx and DXTBMP saved as dxt1 ( for frame rate)

edit = hosting problems

I have now updated to Paint.Net v3.0 (Alpha1) with which I did the frame and edited this picture.

Thank you for such a great program.

Cheers

Roaddawg

Did you drew the logo on the tail?

Hi Bob

No....This is what I did ;)

I had the logo at 150 x 150 in jpg on a white background.I used the crop and brought it down to 123 x 122 (trial and error) and saved to jpg....I opened it in Paint.Net in its own window and than I opened the Aircraft in another window of Paint.Net and used the copy in the Logo window and paste in the Aircraft window, pulled it off the white background and moved it to where I wanted it.I then flipped the Logo and did the otherside of the Aircraft.

I find it much easier to make a logo and do it this way then to draw it directly on the aircraft.My reason is all the other work I have completed on the aircraft texture will not be ruined by having to redo them because i flubbed the logo trying to draw it directly...I hope this makes sense to you.

Do you paint aircraft for flightsim also?

cheers

Thank you Trickman for the warm welcome :) glad to be here

Cheers

Roaddawg

Yeah what I mean is did you draw it or copy from someone else, cause it's well done!

But if I were you I save it to PNG instead of JPG.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Post Process

4 layers. Changes include, B&W, Hue/Saturation. Gradient, Clouds & Glow.

pictorium1.jpg

Original

pictorium1orig.jpg

I didn't crop very well as the "XAS 3" looks odd, it should say "TEXAS 3", not a big deal, just a picky thing. All in all I just wanted to play with the Gradient and Clouds.

BTW, you guys doing the actual drawning, are you using a tablet? Its pretty hard to sculpt a selection area with a mouse :cry:

I was just messing around with this plane I found on google. Any tips on how to do this better:

BEFORE

Plane1.png0294514.jpg

AFTER

Plane2.png

I think it looks great! Can you tell us how you did it?
My Brother was having a bad day, so I made and sent him this....

Easy.png

Let me tell ya, It wasn't easy making it....Hehe.

And explain this one as well. It may not have been "Easy" but it looks great!

BG10242006sm.jpg

^Clickable^

BG I just made. I started out drawing some Grads and messing with the blending methods and I got a cool "x-ray effect". messed around some more and that is what I got...

Ps. "merge down" and the new gradient in 3.0 alpha 2 ROCK!!!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

BTW, you guys doing the actual drawning, are you using a tablet? Its pretty hard to sculpt a selection area with a mouse :cry:

I do have a tablet and it helps a lot once getting accustomed to it but I almost never use lasso for selection. Porting my usual way of cropping non-boxy objects from a background to Paint.NET might be as follows:

• [*:72299]Make a new layer on top of it
    [*:72299]Draw an outline of the car with the brush
    [*:72299]Refine it with brush and eraser until it matches the car as exactly as possible
    [*:72299]Use magic wand to turn the interior of the outline into a selection

(You may have noticed that this is actually a layer mask approach without layer masks ;))

Might be easier than to to this with lasso; though PdN's lasso actually gives more useful visual feedback than in most other programs