The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

1.png

Okay. Im not as great as some of you. I practicing and getting ideas. This is my first post here so plaese be kind. I've been looking for a program like this for awhile now. I've never use Photoshop since I can't afford it. I love Paint.Net!

ray.png

Here is a background I just finished. It is an attempt at creating a liquid filled tube. Not exactly realistic looking but I like it.

It looks nice. In particular, I really like the hexagons kind of balancing the "load" of the picture. Do you have a liquid cooled computer? :D

I was going to put round bubbles over there but I dececied that a different geometric shape would look better. So, I went with hexagons. Nope, no liquid cooled system. I'm not completely sold on the idea of putting liquid inside my system. A couple friends of mine have liquid cooled systems and I must admit, they are pretty cool to look at.

Speaking of virtual reality, I wonder why VR isn't more mainstream than it is.

Nintendo Virtual Boy forever! That thing really was wierd...

I never had a chance to try it out but I heard the 3D imagery wasn't half bad. How were the visuals? Were they in color or mono?

Aliens are your friends. :shock:

Hmmmm, I dunno man. Something the size of a child that has mind control over you and also carries around an assortment of probes is no friend of mine! Although, I wouldn't mind the chance of meeting an alien, as long as it keeps it's "bag of tricks" away from me. :wink:

I haven't been drawing on the computer for long, but I have made a collection of all I have drawn here if you are interested for some reason. http://www.aatwo.com/gallery.php

Those are some pretty damn good drawings and just as CMD and SI have pointed out your talent in the ability to do comic strips, I too think you should give it a try. Maybe start one for our forum? A weekly comic strip would be a welcomed addition. I'm sure everyone would agree. :D

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

lol thanks guys!

Maybe when my work load gets a bit less I will try.

Uneyed that's awesome. The font and glow is narly.

Thanks for posting that pdn file Dan, it made me realise my paint.net version was out of date lol.

I will look at it when it's updated!

@ Crazy Man Dan

Thanks for posting that .pdn, I've been meaning to ask you for a copy so I could take a look at how you achieved that look. I've tried to duplicate that sphere a couple of times but I couldn't get it looking quite right.

@ SearedIce

Thanks for posting that link. I've never came across that site before as I am always looking for new fonts. You can never have too many!

@ Uneyed

Welcome to the forum! The glow under the text kinda makes it appear that the text is being pushed out from the body of the image, kinda like it was created from a mold. I don't know if that was your intent but I like it!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

@SearedIce

Font name: "Crown Title"

If you cannot find it, I can send it to you.

Thanks! I found it, as well as a slew of others...

@Uneyed

That's really good! I love that smear effect behind the text.

@BuzzKill

I never had a chance to try [the Virtual Boy] out but I heard the 3D imagery wasn't half bad. How were the visuals? Were they in color or mono?

They were actually red lines on a black background. The 3D effects were done by offsetting the image in each eye, but they were both hard to get adjusted to when you started playing and difficult to get un-adjusted from after you've finished playing.

@aatwo

Thanks for posting that pdn file Dan, it made me realise my paint.net version was out of date lol.

Well, I'm glad it was good from something! :wink:

@BuzzKill again

You're welcome!

And I agree wholeheartedly:

I am always looking for new fonts. You can never have too many!

Actually, on my PentiumII laptop, I think I do have too many fonts. The GIMP takes almost 2 minutes to start up, most of which is spent loading the fonts. (Compare that 2 minutes with about 20 seconds on my main desktop.)

Man, I need a new laptop.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

lol.

I just looked at the pdn.

Its amazing. It's like the coolest thing ever.

Thanks! I hope it helps!

Here's another image I just made. It's a bit different from my usual "style," but I found a font at that dafont.com site that I just had to use. (Turbo Ripped. It Rawks.)

So, here it is:

hungrywolf2thumb.jpg

[1024x768 version here.]

I hope you like it!

~ Becoming the Archetype

That font does rock! I grabed me about...hmmm, I dunno....around 50 of em earlier, lol. They had some pretty cool dingbats also.

It's Behind You! It's Hungry!!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

ths the best wallpaper ever! And the font excites and scares me all at once.

Hope u dont mind but its now my desktop background!!!

medical.jpg

Heres a random picture I drew yesterday for a friend, the theme is medical research (hence the needles and junk on his cape thingy).

My friend got paid £45 to have medical research conducted on him lol. How insane is that!

@BuzzKill

That font does rock! I grabed me about...hmmm, I dunno....around 50 of em earlier, lol.

Yeah, I grabbed about 10, but then I had to move on to other things. You can be sure, though, that I'll be back there to get more. :)

And that's a nice background! Did you make the palm tree and flower in PDN, or did you cut them out?

@aatwo

I don't mind at all! That is, after all, what desktop backgrounds are for. :wink:

I saw that Super Medic guy on your gallery the other day. Like I've said before, you're a great artist! The guy himself is really cool, but I think I'm most impressed with your choice of background. It's extremely effective, filling in the space around the the character so it doesn't feel empty, while at the same time remaining simple enough so that it doesn't detract from the character. Great work. :)

Well, I've made a few revisions to that background I posted the other night:

hungrywolf2darkthumb.jpg

Full size image (1024x768)

This one's basically the same as the first one, but it fades to black before the bottom of the head shape. I really couldn't figure out what shape I wanted the head to be, so I just made the background fade to black to cover that up... <_<

hungrywolf3thumb.jpg

Full size image (1024x768)

This one has the fade to black thing too, but I also made the text colors a bit more vibrant. I'm not sure if I like it more or not, but it's there to be seen.

~ Becoming the Archetype

That's a nice background! Did you make the palm tree and flower in PDN, or did you cut them out?

Thank you sir! I think I'm getting the hang of this Paint.NET. Not bad for only 3 weeks doing any kind of graphics/art on the computer (besides MS Paint). There are a few things I just understand. Mainly, the types of blends in the layers properties. I've fooled around with them to see what each one does but I don't know where and when to use them. :?

Anyway, the palm tree and flower were a couple of dingbats I picked up over on dafont.com. Other than that, everything is from scratch!

Who knew making your own backgrounds could be this easy!!! And FUN!!!! :D

I'm liking Hungry Wolf 3! That richer text and border really sets it off!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

I'm getting the hang of this Paint.NET. Not bad for only 3 weeks doing any kind of graphics/art on the computer.

All the credit goes to you (CMD), Rick, and all the other tutorial writers. Those tutorials are what realy got me going. Thank you!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

ths the best wallpaper ever! And the font excites and scares me all at once.

{img}http://www.aatwo.com/images/gallery/medical.jpg{/img}

Heres a random picture I drew yesterday for a friend, the theme is medical research (hence the needles and junk on his cape thingy).

My friend got paid £45 to have medical research conducted on him lol. How insane is that!

Lol that looks like Chuck Norris with needles...

Anyone know any Chuck Norris "facts" about needles?

I'm glad to hear that I've promoted your fontmania, guys.

The images are looking good from everyone! I don't have the energy or inspiration to make backgrounds, and especially not to make those cool comic drawings. However, I am working on some more simple stuff...

@BuzzKill:

I'm getting the hang of this Paint.NET. Not bad for only 3 weeks doing any kind of graphics/art on the computer.

Dang! Only three weeks? Man, I wish I was that good after only three weeks. I've even taken a few style cues from some of your images myself (>_> ...and filed them away for use later behind your back, for profit... <_<).

Mad props dawg! 8)

All the credit goes to you (CMD), Rick, and all the other tutorial writers. Those tutorials are what realy got me going. Thank you!

I'm very glad we could be of help!

@aatwo:

Yeah, I think I prefer the brighter one as well. At first I liked the pale color because I thought it looked more creepy, in a way, but the bright one is growing on me... :lol:

@SearedIce:

Thank you for pointing out that site! I don't think I've ever seen so many cool fonts in one place... :D

~ Becoming the Archetype

I've spent a bit of time yesterday and today on this:

dogthing2.jpg

I used the same method I did on the car. I know the overall style is soooo 1997, but I couldn't resist...you know what I mean if you have a dog.

@SearedIce: (Yeah, I know you're the only other person who has posted since my last post, but...)

That is an interesting effect. Did you use the Oil Painting effect to get that, or were you using the Magic Wand at a medium tolerance and filling in a color, or some other method?

And for any people who liked that last background:

http://www.freewebs.com/cmdsketchpad/indextest.htm

I made a skin for my tutorials site from it! I know dark layouts aren't always the best choice when the page has lots of text, but I actually think it's quite easy on the eyes...

~ Becoming the Archetype

I just had to post this someday, it cracks me up.

Here is the very first screenshot of Paint.NET ever taken. It's from February 4th, 2004 -- less than 2 weeks after development had begun:

pdn1.png

You can recognize a few things that survived to this day, and ... well, I guess there wasn't really much there to not-survive :)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Ell. Oh. Ell.

:lol:

I am the status bar!!!1

That looks pretty far along for just two weeks! But man has it come a long way since then. :D

~ Becoming the Archetype

That is pretty entertaining, Rick! I love the status bar...especially the "!!!1"

Crazy Man Dan, I basically used the Magic Wand method. Instead of Fill to fill in the selected ares, I used the Brush at a width of 100. With the fill tool, it would not fill in all of the selected area unless the tolerance were raised (in which case I would have to lower it again for the next selection).

Also, Dan, The skin looks nice, but my old CRT monitor doesn't get bright enough to see the details on the eye shape (same for the wallpaper versions). When looking at your backgrounds, I had to move them to Paint.NET and raise the contrast (and guess where you designed it to be). I'm just bringing this up because some others might have the same issue with monitor brightness.

This is my pride and joy... this picture represents the pinnacle of all that I can accomplish using Paint.net to date. Be gentle with it.

6914185879-thumb.jpg

Darren

Felinesigbar.jpg