The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

@verndewd did a hack up tut already ... have a look. I told you you should have done this one. I really am bad at explaining things. :wink:

PS @aguba can't wait to see your tut hope its better and easier than mine. I'd love an easier method of doing this.

TOKabstract.png

lol I swear I wont hold it against you. :wink:

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

Was experimenting with making a rock by a water. Didn't really find a good way to make it look like the rock stood up from the water. At least not a way it looked realistic. The grass is made from the Creating Grass tutorial (of course :mrgreen:)

procheckt.png

Dream Theater signature:

DTsig.png

dragonseyesig.png

I don't see the tree, but still very nice :lol:

the symbology of a tree is , roots, stem and foliage or fruit. take technology its roots go back hundreds of years or more if you count early chemical studies, widely regarded as witchcraft by the catholic church later on. Move up to the trunk of what science has provided as a base for all tecnology and then look at the leaves which you use to create art with in PDN. You could really nail the metaphor down to branches and that and call the products of software the fruit of the tree which is suitable for what we do with PDN.

In that we see PDN is not its own branch but a part of the branch of art software which is program writing bieng the parent branch and pc chip technology bieng its parent branch, Which implies a multi dimensional branch.

Its like looking at a fractal. And ultimately could be more of a shrub than a tree in some sense.

I hope this explains the metaphoric symbology.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds