The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

I was playing around with PDN and i came up with this sig.

It's my first piece of art I've done from scratch. :D

I like that. Were the red areas done with the cloud effect? I've been trying to do a "rusty metal" in PDN and this looks like it might do the trick for me.

I like that. Were the red areas done with the cloud effect? I've been trying to do a "rusty metal" in PDN and this looks like it might do the trick for me.

Yes, I used the cloud effect over a dark red linear gradient with color burn (if I recall correctly) layer mode. And then a bunch of other stuff.

xExpirationx3-1.png

Yes, I used the cloud effect over a dark red linear gradient with color burn (if I recall correctly) layer mode. And then a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks. That helps me a lot. Hopefully I'll have something to put up in a couple of days.

Expiration, that is very nice looking, however the maximum width for a sig is 500 pixels; yours is 550.

mustang maverick, who is that? is it you? nice cutout. could do with a bit more touching up, but still nice.

aguba, update your sig; now Bob and I quote each other as well :wink:

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Expiration, that is very nice looking, however the maximum width for a sig is 500 pixels; yours is 550.

mustang maverick, who is that? is it you? nice cutout. could do with a bit more touching up, but still nice.

No i'm a guy. :wink:

l_175e2122413c097a39cff8e287f44332.jpg

The girl from quite a few of the pictures i've posted is a close friend of mine.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll work on that.

MonsterUserbar.png

Furhairuserbar.png

Thanks. That helps me a lot. Hopefully I'll have something to put up in a couple of days.

I figured out how to duplicate that effect, but its very very long. :?

xExpirationx3-1.png

No i'm a guy. :wink:

l_175e2122413c097a39cff8e287f44332.jpg

The girl from quite a few of the pictures i've posted is a close friend of mine.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll work on that.

MonsterUserbar.png

Furhairuserbar.png

I love Paint.NET! I forget how long I've had it, but I don't even miss Photoshop. Okay, maybe a little, but mostly because I haven't learned all of the dot net tricks yet. I tend to stick to the same techniques. But I've been branching out from pixel graphics and wanted to show the results.

This was a pencil sketch that I scanned into my computer. I colored it using Paint.NET. I do it the lazy way. I separate the different color sections (hair, skin, clothes, flower parts) into their own layers, create a new layer, fill it with whatever color I want that part to be and then mess with the Blending Mode, hue/saturation, and brightness/contrast until I have what I like.

lisa-small.jpg

Pencil sketches tend to be pretty light, so to get that inky look, I start out by duplicating the sketch, and using the Multiply blending mode on the top layer. It works a lot better than messing with brightness/contrast.

To get her tattoos to have that rainbow effect, I made a layer and filled it with different colors. Then I magic wanded the body and deleted the rest. The blue/purple skin was on a different layer, so all I did was erase the parts where the tattoo was, and the rainbow peeked through where I erased. Similar technique for the wings.

A nice, simple way to add texture to the color is to make a layer and use the cloud effect with two similar colors before messing with the blending mode. I did that for the flower petals and the pollen thingy.

I really like Overlay, Additive, and Multiply for this technique, but it depends on what you're going for. The first time I used this technique, the results were a little crude, but with practice, I ended up with this. I really like it.

I've seen people mentioning plug-ins, so I'll have to check those out. Take care! :D