The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Wow ash thats amazing, but what are they :?

Is my chrome and better I think it is but I wanted your guys opinion

chromeki0.png

and thanks to Vern for making that chrome tut it helped a ton

fireysigjs6.png

Thanks David :)
Real enough? More to come :D

Glass_and_Reflections_by_0_ASH_0.jpg

still a ways from photo realism.awesome though :D

Look closely :lol:

@chris2fer: I'm thinking those thingy you hang on the Xmas trees.

I did, youre missing surface relflections on the orbs . on my DA there is a guy that rendered some round metal shapes he uses a canned reflection but it does a convincing job.

try inverse bulging a pic of a room and sphereizing it and then lowering the opacity , thats what the other guy seems to have done. It works but you can see he uses it for every surface reflection. Its a bit canned.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

Here is my new years themed sig and avatar:

newyear_avatar.png

newyear_sig.png

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Wow ash thats amazing, but what are they :?

Is my chrome and better I think it is but I wanted your guys opinion

chromeki0.png

and thanks to Vern for making that chrome tut it helped a ton

Much better, by leaps and bounds.

I did, youre missing surface relflections on the orbs . on my DA there is a guy that rendered some round metal shapes he uses a canned reflection but it does a convincing job.

try inverse bulging a pic of a room and sphereizing it and then lowering the opacity , thats what the other guy seems to have done. It works but you can see he uses it for every surface reflection. Its a bit canned.

uhh, "more to come" :?:

dA page: "There are still some small details I should add, more to come later.

Saty tuned." :?:

I know there are missing details, and I like to find my own method/use my own style, not gonna follow this "other guy" :? :lol:

Besides, I'm not gonna make reflection of a room, they already have the surface reflection. Howeve, I will make reflection of something else. :AddNoise: 8) :AddNoise:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Looks good, darkshock. But why must the new year be represented by old-looking sepia... things...?

Unless it's like some 'ironic' statement of everything new being old recycled stuff... or something.

My brain's not working as it should today.

uhh, "more to come" :?:

dA page: "There are still some small details I should add, more to come later.

Saty tuned." :?:

I know there are missing details, and I like to find my own method/use my own style, not gonna follow this "other guy" :? :lol:

Besides, I'm not gonna make reflection of the room. Howeve, I will make reflection of something else. :AddNoise: 8) :AddNoise:

Its awesome ASH ! just not Photorealistic yet. What I find most interesting is the tray Appears to be 3 final layers and outrageously well done borders. looking forward to the update. Also it seems the sphere reflection is off at the tray, shouldnt the reflection begin behind the visual surface?

Its awesome ASH ! just not Photorealistic yet. What I find most interesting is the tray Appears to be 3 final layers and outrageously well done borders. looking forward to the update. Also it seems the sphere reflection is off at the tray, shouldnt the reflection begin behind the visual surface?

Looks pretty realistic on my monitor :lol:

Anyways, I don't understand all these technical talks, each item on this piece have many layers.

And as long as it looks right to me, and others can enjoy my work. That's all it matters.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Looks pretty realistic on my monitor :lol:

Anyways, I don't understand all these technical talks, each item on this piece have many layers.

And as long as it looks right to me, and others can enjoy my work. That's all it matters.

You keep raising the bar Ash. Glad that you do and envious as well..

I would just like to throw in that the tray looks like a real glass tray. The baubles are iffy (as far as photorealism goes (but you said yourself it's not done)).

But that tray is:

Just... o__o

Especially the corners.

glasspanel.png

Very touchy idea for pdn its an exacting theme, ash. I just sharpened this very same pic and it brought out a more vivid glassy depiction. I must say , Ash has an eye for it :wink:

glasspanelb.png

shape 3d

tray.png

traycedar.png

cedar ring, koa or striped ironwood, resembles a few woods I have worked with. Vaguely like certain cuts of zebra wood.

Ok, so I think I've got the firey meteor text thing to the point where I could make a tutorial out of the process (if it seems worthy of one).

So far I've got two methods of making the "fire". Both very similar, but one's a little longer (step wise) than the other. Can someone help me decide which of these looks better?

tuttext.jpg

===

@ verndewd - Looks pretty neat. xD