How to Install Plugins ×

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

okay, is there a way for me to make it lag less? i really dont want to get rid of the plugin, but i cant use pdn with it running.

Can you wait until the next version? And the feature I suspect is the preview of where on the canvas the brush will draw (the blue box).

i can wait :P. this really a cool plug in though :P.

but im still looking forward to 4.0, cus i dont like that i cant change the color of the bursh etc now.

but for a quick fix this is awesome :P

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

i really like this plugin but its making my pdn really laggy with the new version.

i gotta be honest, i love this plugin, but ive never seen my pdn lag like this, im really considering taking the plugin off because i can barley draw with it on.

I know what feature might be causing the problem - and I will make it optional in the next version.

Which is?

I don't even know what features this has, so downloading it has another thing coming :roll:

I'd help with some problems, but in all honesty I have no idea what the interface is like, or what features there are.

Which is?

I don't even know what features this has, so downloading it has another thing coming :roll:

I'd help with some problems, but in all honesty I have no idea what the interface is like, or what features there are.

Why do you keep asking questions about the plugin and saying you can help when you havn't even bothered to download the plugin?

KaHuc.png

Which is?

Why do you keep asking questions about the plugin and saying you can help when you havn't even bothered to download the plugin?

It would be nice if you provided a screenshot so that people could better determine if they want to download your plugin.

Which is?

Because I have no idea what this plugin even does, never mind how it looks or how it works.

Using the term "Custom Brushes" gives me no idea how it works. I know how it works in Photoshop and GIMP, yet I know the effects in PDN can never get something like that as it's interface.

I'm not going to download a plugin I know NOTHING about, wouldn't I?

okay, is there a way for me to make it lag less? i really dont want to get rid of the plugin, but i cant use pdn with it running.

Just move it into another folder. Maybe a subfolder of "\Effects" entitled "Removed for Lag" or some such.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Using the term "Custom Brushes" gives me no idea how it works. I know how it works in Photoshop and GIMP, yet I know the effects in PDN can never get something like that as it's interface.

It does that in the same way as splatter - it creates a copy of the canvas in a new window.

KaHuc.png

just want sawbrown to take time and really polish it up. idea is shining, its brilliant, but implication and ease of useage doesn't have quite the sparkle and polish required. PS love that ball brush.

I am not going to take your advice as releasing it now I can get feedback as the plugin is developing and I wouldn't suddenly want to deprive new users of custom brushes. I will wait longer, however, between versions.

no problem its up to you but at least put BETA in the title.

To: everyone

Please stop requesting the samething over and over again. (read the posts before yours)

sabrown100 understands and already seen these requests.

Unless you have some new ideas. Let him work on it at his own pace.

You people don't want me to temp lock this? Do you?

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I don't think the normal PNG supports animation - but there is a little-known variation that does.

sabrown100, you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Shocking...

You people don't want me to temp lock this? Do you?

Actually...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Actually it would be a good idea to lock it for a while... so that sabrown can have peace and quiet to sort out the bugs and add in more features...

Except that when it is locked I cannot edit my posts or notify people of updates. Maybe I should add a "Popular Feature Requests" section to my first post and whenever someone repeats a feature request I will point them to it and eventually people will get the message.

KaHuc.png

(I can't believe I'm saying this) Good idea! :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Last edited by david.atwell on Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reason: No shouting. :-)

'Twasn't shouting, 'twas LOLCAT speak. I've never seen a lolcat that wasn't in all caps.
It is my impression that the few who are so critical of sabrown100 are only wishing that they came up with the first brush plugin themselves...

Erm, if Splatter isn't a brush, I'm a dung-beetle.

The reason we're being critical is that we like the idea of the plugin, and would love to see it reach a higher standard.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

It is my impression that the few who are so critical of sabrown100 are only wishing that they came up with the first brush plugin themselves...

Your right! That is it! Instead of wanting this plugin to go farther I really had just wished I coded it! Thanks for realizing the truth, you are a true freind. I even added you to my friend's list because of how honest you truly are! Man, Sabrown, forget an undo function, change color function, or a cancel but (three things that are pretty much a necessity)! I really dont want those, but instead I wish I had come up with the first brush plugin. :roll:

signature.png

Can anyone lock this thread for some time? it's been 3 days, 14 pages of discussion and the only thing you're doing is demand things to sabrown, who has kindly developed his plugin so that we ALL could use brushes ONE YEAR earlier. yes I know that's shouting but people some times need to hear somethings they don't always consider, and despite all the bugs it still has, this is, and will become, a nice plugin, and yes I too (obviously :roll: ) suffer form the same problems, and + running in vista adding the pan-to-the-left thingy...

my point is: Lock this thread for the time being we all have made clear what we wanted and what needs to be dealt with, and when he's ready sabrown will pm one of the mods and re-update this...

EDIT: some typos

Your right! That is it! Instead of wanting this plugin to go farther I really had just wished I coded it! Thanks for realizing the truth, you are a true freind. I even added you to my friend's list because of how honest you truly are! Man, Sabrown, forget an undo function, change color function, or a cancel but (three things that are pretty much a necessity)! I really dont want those, but instead I wish I had come up with the first brush plugin. :roll:

I'm not objecting to people suggesting new features - i'm just anoyyed with people repeating the same suggestions again and again when I am aware of them and am working on them. Two of those features I have already coded ready for the next version andd another I am working on.

KaHuc.png

Can anyone lock this thread for some time? it's been 3 days, 14 pages of discussion and the only thing you're doing is demand things to sabrown, who has kindly developed his plugin so that we ALL could use brushes ONE YEAR earlier. yes I know that's shouting but people some times need to hear somethings they don't always consider, and despite all the bugs it still has, this is, and will become, a nice plugin, and yes I too (obviously :roll: ) suffer form the same problems, and + running in vista adding the pan-to-the-left thingy...

my point is: Lock this thread for the time being we all have made clear what we wanted and what needs to be dealt with, and when he's ready sabrown will pm one of the mods and re-update this...

EDIT: some typos

We should just enhance the age verification.

This is not the first time I have this idea.