How to Install Plugins ×

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

When I was working on the source code, I tried to have angles, but the CPU cost of constantly generating rotated versions of an image was just too much.

sabrown: maybe try precalculating a bunch of copies of the image, with intervals of around 15 degrees, and keeping those in RAM? You'd only need from 0deg to 90deg, as the other 3 quadrants could be gotten by flipping horizontally and/or vertically, which can be done very fast.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

T_LH, look above and you'll see that I had another idea for rotations that should eliminate the CPU overhead. ;)

Might have RAM issues with very large brush sizes, though, but they'd have to be very big brushes.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I. Can you please change the German string in the effects menu? It's too long and screws up the entire look.

effectsnormaltx2.png

effectsblowupba2.png

I would suggest (1) "Wählbare Pinsel" / (2) "Spezifische Pinsel" / (3) "Eigene Pinsel"

BTW, "Zeichnen Sie mit benutzerdefinierten Pinsel" is wrong in the German grammar, it has to be either "Zeichnen Sie mit benutzerdefiniertem Pinsel" (Sing.) or "Zeichnen Sie mit benutzerdefinierten Pinseln" (Plural). I don't know whom you took for the translation, but many Germans have enormous problems with the Dative case.

II. I think you are aware of it, but at least the German translation is incomplete.

denglischdv9.png

"Search Brushes" = "Pinsel durchsuchen" or just "Suchen" (= "Search")

"Add Pinsel" would be like in English "Hinzufügen Brushes", the correct way is "Pinsel hinzufügen"; as this is quite long, I recommend just "Ergänzen" (= "Add").

Thanks for your work and attention.