How to Install Plugins ×

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

Simon Brown

And that function would be? Also I dont see a tolerance bar anywhere. I thought that was mean to be added on this release? Using Vista if that helps.

Tolerance bar in this? The function is called when a brush is selected or the colour is changed. It updates the brush mask image.

KaHuc.png

sent you PM would you mind looking at it sometime please.

ciao OMA

Message in the rants thread.

got it just the now but seems strange only this plugin triggers that message.

When does the message come?

KaHuc.png

Note to others I was getting an error message when downloading the 3.3 version I had previously deleted out from my effects prior versions. but received error message.

this was sabrown100 answere to me.

Try deleting the brushes folder in case that's the problem. Of course, back up your brushes first

:D I'm happy now.

I tried that and looks like I'm a go now.

thanks a bunch now I can play along with everyone else. any more changes coming up to plugin or can I go ahead and make the burshes to share now.

ciao

OMA

thanks a bunch now I can play along with everyone else. [/color][/b][/u]any more changes coming up to plugin or can I go ahead and make the burshes to share now.

Compulsory changes to the brush format part are extremely unlikely. What I told you to do was a wild guess.

KaHuc.png

well whatever you guessed or not it worked fine. if I can screw it up then others will likely follow in my footsteps. its now down here as an option to try.

thanks again. only had about 5 mins or so to play and it looks real nice now. only problem I have is the ok button doesn't really show, I've a tiny monitor but I just drag your screen in smaller and hit the OK button.

thanks for your hard work. and yes I love that grid background. looking real good.

And what would I do? Make the background an inverted version of the brush?

Why making it that difficult? A kind of blue would be fine, or something like the grey gradient in the background of Paint.NET itself.

Actually, I just gave you the feauture suggestions you requested.

I need some more feature suggestions.
I don't mind if it could be done.

brushesof1.png

[offtopic]Hurray! you're using my custom Blood brushes![/offtopic]

Anyways, in the new version, will you be able to turn the image up, or down in the new version, also, will you be able to, set the brushes to an alpha transparency without altering the brush image? I would love to see that the view from the drawing form on empty layers isn't just plain.

29xt503.jpg

"Everybody Has luck, some people just don't know how to use it."

Alright, more feature requests. I would like to see a color wheel instead of a pallette, tolerance for the brush mask, and to make the canvas portion of your plugin fully transparent. I am not any form of plugin developer, but if you need help with the latter go here.

signature.png

if you still want requests here is one. note I also asked pyrochild to add to his splatter. As this model of additional screen is based on his plugin maybe the two of you can work together on this.

Request: being able to see an active selection on the paintbrush screen IE: the marching ants.

that would be an awesome advancement.

ciao

note I also asked pyrochild to add to his splatter.

Request: being able to see an active selection on the paintbrush screen IE: the marching ants.

That's already ready for my next release of Splatter, as well as something else that'll be using it.

The next release will also export a lot of the Canvas-based dialog code to my common.dll, so any other plugins that reference that will instantly and automatically have the selection feature added.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

That's already ready for my next release of Splatter, as well as something else that'll be using it.

The next release will also export a lot of the Canvas-based dialog code to my common.dll, so any other plugins that reference that will instantly and automatically have the selection feature added.

Can I ask a question - why do you even have a common dll?

KaHuc.png

Because several of my plugins make use of common code. Why copy/paste it all over tha place? What if there's a bug in it? Do I have to track down every single place that that function shows its face just to fix it? What if I miss one?

Consolidating code where it can be consolidated just makes more sense.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

great this is something you need to look into sabrown100 exactly what is needed to use these plugins to the max.

I wasn't a big fan of the "Splatter" plugin, it didn't really look "Splattery," instead, it looked more like circles connected to thick lines.

29xt503.jpg

"Everybody Has luck, some people just don't know how to use it."