Sign in to follow this  
Simon Brown

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

Eh? Everything I said was completely true. Last time I opened the ZIP, it was completely unlocked. Now, it's completely locked. No lies.

You can view the files in a password protected ZIP archive. You just can't view their contents or extract them.

No argument. :-)

Oh, I thought it would actually let you open the files.

I'm sorry for this VERY stupid question, but do I put this plugin in my Effects Folder? Where do I find it from within Paint.NET? I have read through much of this thread, and didn't see where to install this to, etc. (Unless I missed it somewhere)...

Thanks,

This should do the job for you :)

EDIT: Since I got this update, I can't use any brush used in a specific colour. (In other words, the colour function isn't working for me!) :cry:

Thank you very much. I knew how to install plugins, but couldn't for the life of me find the CustomBrushes from within Paint.NET... I found them now though... lol

Also, I downloaded the GIMP brushes, and noticed the the following ones are blank. Did I do something wrong?

Here are the blank ones:

flower01

flower02

flower03

flower04

snow1

splat1

splat2

strange01

weave

Thanks. :) This is a really cool plugin. :)

Also, I downloaded the GIMP brushes, and noticed the the following ones are blank. Did I do something wrong?

Here are the blank ones:

flower01

flower02

flower03

flower04

snow1

splat1

splat2

strange01

weave

No - they are just white.

I can't use anymore the wheel of the mouse to resize while I "brushing" :cry:

Now I've to unclick/click for the new size to be applied...

Why can't we choose/key in a value (ex:72)?

Here are the blank ones:

flower01

flower02

flower03

flower04

snow1

splat1

splat2

strange01

weave

does this take gimp brushes now ??

Here are the blank ones:

flower01

flower02

flower03

flower04

snow1

splat1

splat2

strange01

weave

does this take gimp brushes now ??

I have used the "white" brushes, test them on a dark picture or over a brush with color, it's a cool effect. Unless I misunderstood you, and you are asking if it takes the gimp format!

I have used the "white" brushes, test them on a dark picture or over a brush with color, it's a cool effect. Unless I misunderstood you, and you are asking if it takes the gimp format!

yes im asking if they take gimp format :D thats the impresion i get from what mlyons says he tested but i doubt that has happened :D

yes im asking if they take gimp format :D thats the impresion i get from what mlyons says he tested but i doubt that has happened :D

It doesn't. If I have time I may see if I can find the specification to implement.

Since it says RGB format, I assume 24-bit BMP.

And concatenate means put together, so yes, it just puts them sequentially.

To do that in a CMD shell in windows, you can use:

copy filename1 + filename2 /B destinationfilename /B

(The /B's indicate to use Binary, not ASCII. Binary mode will work with ASCII files as well, though)

Or you could just use Streams and whatnot.

No idea... look at GIMP's source code? ;)

I think I will have to. I can't just call the command line to get it to write the brush out in separate files. If you had 50 gimp brushes how long would my plugin take to load? :shock:

I'd like to request to give the brushes area a different color. At the moment, white brushes are invisible.

And what would I do? Make the background an inverted version of the brush?

I'd like to request to give the brushes area a different color. At the moment, white brushes are invisible.

Maybe the checkered background, like a transparent layer?

Maybe the checkered background, like a transparent layer?

That sounds really good imo

And that function would be? Also I dont see a tolerance bar anywhere. I thought that was mean to be added on this release? Using Vista if that helps.