How to Install Plugins ×

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

Yes, yes yes!!!! Finnaly, custom brushes! It's been so long... Photoshop will soon stand in the shadow of Paint.Net!

Also, does anyone have more custom brushes for this?

Look in General Discussion and Questions. There's a whole thread. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I need some more feature suggestions.

Include pyro's tweaks:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23253

Ok. I fixed the issue by simply getting rid of the ListView. Listview is a horrible control anyways... I switched it with a ListBox, and made the necessary modifications elsewhere in the code (I did not bother to flag these ones, as they're trivial).

The ImageList is gone as well - the ListBox gets its images straight from the BrushCollection.

I need some more feature suggestions.

Include pyro's tweaks:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23253

Ok. I fixed the issue by simply getting rid of the ListView. Listview is a horrible control anyways... I switched it with a ListBox, and made the necessary modifications elsewhere in the code (I did not bother to flag these ones, as they're trivial).

The ImageList is gone as well - the ListBox gets its images straight from the BrushCollection.

QFT. His tweaks make it run a LOT better. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

'cuz I pay attention. It's smoother, which I translate to running better.

Yeah...it's posted on the thread FF linked to...

*blink*

Huh. So it is. I dunno...I tried it last time and it opened right up.

Bizarre...I guess I'm just special... ;-)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, when I opened the ZIP, it did catch for a moment. I had to close and reopen. Maybe it was just corrupted or something...

*blink*

Huh. So it is. I dunno...I tried it last time and it opened right up.

Bizarre...I guess I'm just special... ;-)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, when I opened the ZIP, it did catch for a moment. I had to close and reopen. Maybe it was just corrupted or something...

Could you remove it then?

Edit: I mean from his post.

KaHuc.png

Sure. Done.

Do you think the changes are enough to release an update for alone or is it OK if I take time to add new features first?

What are the new updates though? Also, when will this be taken out of the "BETA" stage? :wink: :D

Do you think the changes are enough to release an update for alone or is it OK if I take time to add new features first?

What are the new updates though? Also, when will this be taken out of the "BETA" stage? :wink: :D

When I keep getting users telling me it is ready to no longer be a beta.

KaHuc.png

I'd say go ahead and release a 3.01 or 3.1 or 3.5 (whatever numbering scheme you want to use) with the tweaks. Then go for the features release.

That's the way Rick seems to release his versions: every third version is for features, the next third for bugs and performance, the next third for developers as X.XX. Then the X.X0 comes along as a sort of "Catch-all" for the previous releases.

I don't know. That's what I see, and it seems like a good idea.

I know it can't be done at the moment, but I would prefer that I can show/hide the layers beneath the one I draw on. Recently, I wanted to draw on certain areas of the picture, but it was required to do it on a new layer - and as you can imagine, I had to work a bit until I was able to start.

Another thing which comes to my mind are blend modes - but I can't estimate if this would be a benefit.

And well, I don't think it's a beta anymore. At least RC.

I'm sorry for this VERY stupid question, but do I put this plugin in my Effects Folder? Where do I find it from within Paint.NET? I have read through much of this thread, and didn't see where to install this to, etc. (Unless I missed it somewhere)...

Thanks,

M_Lyons4_Signature.jpg

My First Signature...