Sign in to follow this  
Simon Brown

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

By the way, in case anyone is confused - the box above the brush listing is the search textbox. There is no search button because it searches as you type.

As a usability suggestion, I recommend doing what some other UI's I've seen do: they start out by drawing the text "Search ..." in a lighter color, in italics, inset in the text box. Then when you finally click on the text box it clears out.

At this point, I think this is polished enough to merit a sticky, assuming you're still hard at work addressing concerns (specifically those given by pyro and Rick, since they actually know what they're talking about ;-)). Keep working on it, you're doing an excellent job.

Sticky'd

isthereanywaytodothis.png

Thanks MiguelPereira! Also one more question, In the above photo there is a search button and some others that on mine it doesn't? Was there a updated version somewhere in the 15 or so pages?

its on the first page. when they update a plug in they usually put it first page. you can tell by the version numbers.

Just wondering, is there any way to implement a way to change the size of the brush in a different way than the mouse scroll?

If anyone here uses a graphic tablet, like myself, we miss out on that function.

Mabye holding Ctrl increases it and Alt decreases? Just a suggestion.

Just wondering, is there any way to implement a way to change the size of the brush in a different way than the mouse scroll?

If anyone here uses a graphic tablet, like myself, we miss out on that function.

I thought most people using graphic tablets had mice as well.

this is an awsome plugin and im suprised some one actually made it possible :D i hope this gets better and better :D still a few things but i hope you expand this bigger and bigger :D love the plugin :D

"keep on truckin :D "

Would it be possible to have an option where you can select the blending of the brush. So say we have a image of a feild, then run custom brush on it we can select diffrence... If you understand? I know this can be done manually but i think it would be a nice addition.

Would it be possible to have an option where you can select the blending of the brush. So say we have a image of a feild, then run custom brush on it we can select diffrence... If you understand? I know this can be done manually but i think it would be a nice addition.

Do you mean feathering?

Do you mean feathering?

No. In layer properties there is a option called Layer Blending. I was wondering if u could implement that on ur plugin

Do you mean feathering?

No. In layer properties there is a option called Layer Blending. I was wondering if u could implement that on ur plugin

I might look into it - but I have higher priorities with this plugin.

Do you mean feathering?

I might look into it - but I have higher priorities with this plugin.

I understand that, thanks for taking it into consideration

To do what Rick suggested, use:

[DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Unicode)]

private static extern IntPtr SendMessage(IntPtr hWnd, int Msg, IntPtr wParam, string lParam);

In the constructor:

SendMessage([name of the search textbox].Handle, 0x1501, IntPtr.Zero, "Search...");

To do what Rick suggested, use:

[DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Unicode)]

private static extern IntPtr SendMessage(IntPtr hWnd, int Msg, IntPtr wParam, string lParam);

In the constructor:

SendMessage([name of the search textbox].Handle, 0x1501, IntPtr.Zero, "Search...");

You mean I don't have to implement it manually?

Just one quick bug report, when you change the brush colour it only has a difference in "mask brush mode" and not "colour brush mode". This occurs when a colour other than black is selected in "colour brush mode" the plug-in still renders a black and white image. I may be totally wrong here but i don't think you intended it to do this.

Excellent work Simon you're doing a great job, keep it up. I look forward to seeing future updates of this as I'm sure many others will be too.

Good luck :D

Geoff

I have enjoyed this plugin, but am having some trouble. It hangs for quite some time while rendering, and sometimes freezes PDN altogether. This may be a future bugfix, but wasn't sure. I have read about this problem in the thread, and tried making a subfolder in effects. However, by doing this, the effect disappeared from the effects menu. Some people may have faster computers, more ram, or I have messed up my computer in some way to keep it from working properly :oops:

I thought most people using graphic tablets had mice as well.

They do, that's what I'm using now, though most of them don't have a scroll wheel implemented into them.

Just one quick bug report, when you change the brush colour it only has a difference in "mask brush mode" and not "colour brush mode". This occurs when a colour other than black is selected in "colour brush mode" the plug-in still renders a black and white image. I may be totally wrong here but i don't think you intended it to do this.

I did intend it to do that. This is because in masked brush mode the colour of the brush is not preserved - hence the reason for the two different modes.

ありがとう!! ありがとう!! ありがとう!! *downloads*

Rick, you might end up making a Custom Brushes board. XD, this is an awesome plugin, needs a little bit of work but the potential is beyond comprehension!

Rick, you might end up making a Custom Brushes board. XD, this is an awesome plugin, needs a little bit of work but the potential is beyond comprehension!

This has been already discussed and lets just say wait a while because there may be a facility coming on my part.