How to Install Plugins ×

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

Simon Brown

What this plugin really needs urgently is vertical and horizontal scroll bars because when using larger images, you cannot navigate around the image whatsoever. I only get the top corner of the image with no ability to move around.

I just looked at pyro's Splatter plugin and it does have the scroll bars, so I would imagine you can look at the source code as a reference.

Keep up the great work, this is definitely getting interesting... 7 pages in one day.

I strongly support this request, as i normally work in two or tree times the final size.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

I agree with most everything (especially the "good work!" sentiment!).

A note: Photoshop's brush system includes a "jitter" feature which allows it to randomly change size, angle, color, or opacity. I'd LOVE that feature here. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes.

I do not have this folder

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes.

I do not have this folder

The full path, (depending on where you installed Windows and your username) will be:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes\ (on XP)

or

C:\Users\your username\Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes\ (on Vista)

Also, make sure you have run the plugin at least once.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I have got to try this out! Finally - custom brushes! :mrgreen:

What more, in 1 day (from my time), this plugin thread has generated over 7 pages. :!: :!:

Unfortunatly I have realised that I did not fix the limit of 20 in this version as I had an exeption preventer in the for statement in case the folder had over 20. I have now fixed that and will be posting it in the next update.

KaHuc.png

Update Posted

Did you move it? I cant find it in the Artistic sub menu. ( Or anywhere else )

Its now in the Effects menu.

KaHuc.png

Ah. Thanks. The new icon fooled me.

Now, please, please, please consider this:

What this plugin really needs urgently is vertical and horizontal scroll bars because when using larger images, you cannot navigate around the image whatsoever. I only get the top corner of the image with no ability to move around.

I just looked at pyro's Splatter plugin and it does have the scroll bars, so I would imagine you can look at the source code as a reference.

Keep up the great work, this is definitely getting interesting... 7 pages in one day.

I strongly support this request, as i normally work in two or tree times the final size.

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

I know - I will get round to it. Along with an undo button and the ability to rotate brushes.

Thank you. I am not trying to bug you, but this plug-in is so great i am just so eager. :oops: :lol:

I did some experimenting with this plug-in, and then blur. And the results looked very promising.

--------------

Awesome, now all you need is the ability to choose a color, and a bit of the commotion will die away.

Will a simple calling of the colourdialog do or do I have to put one inline?

KaHuc.png

The full path, (depending on where you installed Windows and your username) will be:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes\ (on XP)

or

C:\Users\your username\Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes\ (on Vista)

I dont have that folder. Is There another Place where I could download it?

To: everyone

Please stop requesting the samething over and over again. (read the posts before yours)

sabrown100 understands and already seen these requests.

Unless you have some new ideas. Let him work on it at his own pace.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

or

I dont have that folder. Is There another Place where I could download it?

To use it run it once and then open up My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes. There will be several folders in there. To make a custom brush just add a new png file to that folder.
The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Clicked tha Add Brush button. And it froze.

EDIT: 10 minutes later. Still frozen. Have to kill PaintDotNet.exe with procexp.

And the brush buttons are still rendering wayyyy over to the right in that scroll panel.

xZYt6wl.png

EDIT: 10 minutes later. Still frozen. Have to kill PaintDotNet.exe with procexp.

And the brush buttons are still rendering wayyyy over to the right in that scroll panel.

Same with me. :(

omExTE6.png

Same with me. :(

I can't fix it because I don't have the same problem. :(

KaHuc.png

I can't fix it because I don't have the same problem. :(

Sorry, but....

Lamest. Excuse. Evar!

xZYt6wl.png