How to Install Plugins ×

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

Simon Brown

it looks like you have a corrupt file either the effect or a brush. the correct place for troubleshooting plugin errors is the topic of the subject plugin... (is that grammatically correct?)

I sorta figured out that I have a corrupt file since it says System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. but it is not telling me where the corruption is or how to fix it. So I am not sure if I have to just reinstall the Custom Brush Plug-in or the PDN program. As far as the troubleshooting plugin errors is the topic of the subject plugin, isn't this the Custom Brush plug-in? Or did I make a mistake again. I am so confused as to what to do next. Have I shown enough of my ignorance in this subject??. I really need to know what to do next. There is no mention of the crash or problem in the Plugin Load error report. At any rate -----HELP!!

Isn't Life A Dream?

Pages I have worked on using paint.Net

This problem is common to happen with this plugin, probably a bad file in the brushes folder, and that's what I said, the corruption is either a brush image file, or the effect. It isn't Pdn probably...

As to what you might want to do next is to go to This topic and post there you problem, this forum is more generic problems and bugs. Plugin problems are in the respective topics.

I CANT FIND THE 'PAINT.NET USER FILE' THING IN MY DOCUMENTS! PLEASE HELP! :(

Umm... All caps is not the way to ask for help, unless you're paint.net program is going to self destruct! :lol:

Did you install the plugin, then run pdn and use the effects-use custom brushes.

Sometimes right after you install the plugin it should be located in your-my documents folder. Have a look see there.

I CANT FIND THE 'PAINT.NET USER FILE' THING IN MY DOCUMENTS! PLEASE HELP! :(

If the folder isn’t there, try running the plugin once. And then look again. Some of these plugins create the necessary folders themselves when they are used.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

It takes over the original PDN screen

Thanks for the confirmation!

It takes over the whole screen, not just PDN's window.

And I wish it wouldn't.

We don't run PDN fullscreen over here on out giant monitaurs, so it's rather obtrusive.

I'll lay low 'till Simon comes back. Then I'll strike. Maybe finagle a toggle out of it.

EOP

As to what you might want to do next is to go to This topic and post there you problem, this forum is more generic problems and bugs. Plugin problems are in the respective topics.

MiguelPereira, I do believe you sent me right back to where I posted originally. I will wait until someone can tell me how to fix this problem.

Thank you

Isn't Life A Dream?

Pages I have worked on using paint.Net

I have some problems with this plugin. :Down:

When I run the Custom Brushes-plugin, Paint.NET always freezes for 5-6 minutes, and it says it has a problem loading some brushes.

First I thought it would be fine if I just delete these problematic brushes, so I deleted them.

I then reopened Paint.NET and Custom Brushes-plugin, but nothing was changed. It still froze, and it still had problems with (other) brushes. It's not like it doesn't work, after 5-6 minutes it works normally(or not).

I don't think the freezing is normal though, can anyone help me?

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

How big and detailed is your picture? The bigger, the longer time it takes to load. I have used this on 6000 x 4000 pix. And, yes. It dose work rather slow, but I gees that is to be expected.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

It also depends on the size of the brushes. If you use high-res brushes, say 2000x2000 px, then it's either really slow, or it just crashes. To be on the safe side, just use brushes that are smaller. Go to a maximum size of about 700x700 to 800x800. Also, when brushing, some brushes are made square so they don't come out right. These you'll have to use Layers > Import from File.

Simon, i have a suggestion. When using the plugin is it possible for a preview of the brush in the cursor? This would be great as it would be much easier to use brushes, as a lot of trial and error is needed to get brushes in the correct place.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Sorry for being such a newb before I start talking:

Now ive downloaded and extracted and looked for about 2.5 hours now before finally resorting to posting.

I dont get this sentence:

To use it run it once and then open up My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes. There will be several folders in there. To make a custom brush just add a new png file to that folder.

It says to run it? How? it looks un-runnable to me.

help.jpg

I downloaded here and did with the files exactly what i do with other effects, put them into effects folder:

help4.jpg

here:

help3.jpg

and here:

help2.jpg

Can some1 explain to me why it is not being in the menu or what the heck im doing wrong?

Step1 - Download the Zip (It's the attachment on the front page) and save it to your desktop

Step2 - Now press [Windows]+R on your keyboard (windows is the four part flag looking button. Between 'Ctrl' and 'Alt')

Step3 - In the little pop-up thing called 'Run' type in 'C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects'

Step4 - Double click on the thing you just downloaded (called 'CustomBrushes(.zip)) and highlight the two thingys in there

Step5 - Drag those two thingys into the 'Effects' folder

Step6 - Open/Restart Paint.net

Step7 - When Paint.net is loaded Click 'Effects' (look to the top) and then click 'Draw with Custom Brush' in the menu that appeared

Step8 - Ask for any more help if you need it

Ok, I tried to download this but where do I put the .dll's? I can see that Paint.NET user files but I do not see they custom brushes folder. Help?

Ok, I tried to download this but where do I put the .dll's? I can see that Paint.NET user files but I do not see they custom brushes folder. Help?

If you are talking about where to put your .dll, put the file in the Effects folder found in the C: drive > Program Files > Paint.NET > Effects and you just put the file in there. then when you restart paint.net it should work.

If you are looking where to put your custom brushes images, The Custom Brushes folder should be in your Documents and Settings folder > in another folder called Paint.NET User Files. Then you should be able to find the custom brushes folder.

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

I tried this plugin and I found some png files on deviantART and made this. it is pretty cool what you can do with this plugin...i had this before, just never tried it out much.

splatterpaint.jpg

all i did was use a few png files, inverted the color, added sepia, used curves adjustment, and there you have it. :lol:

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)