Brushed metal texture (example inside)

*First off I want to apologize if I got this is the wrong area of the forum, I haven't posted many posts like this and am still unclear whether they go in the pictorium or in GD.

I'm working on a background for my pc and I need to create what i call a 'brushed metal' texture, I'm not sure how to go abouts this.

In 'example 1' I've shown the shape of the texture of the metal (that might be unclear), It kinda spirals in wards. I created some of the lines for the texture but its a pain staking process, I'm not sure if theres a way to recreate this with a plug in? Maybe draw some lines then use the Twist plug in?

Example.png

In 'example 2' it shows the actual texture I'm going for. This is what I'm trying to create.

Example1.png

Thanks for any input!

Kevin

edit:

I'm not sure if this helps at all or not, but here's what I was able to create, different color scheme but a similar pattern, but its not quite right, it doesn't spiral inwards like the example.

example3.png

edit:

Does any one have any ideas?

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

beautiful ash :P, how did you create that? i had some ideas in my head on how to make the texture but everything i tried didnt looking quite right :P.

Thanks

Kevin

No problem :)

Check you PM.

You are sending via PM? Why would you do that? Other people can benefit from your wisdom if you post here or in a tutorial.

You, of all people, should know that !

:P

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

My bad :P I thought if more people wanna learn about it, they'd be requesting a tut already..

I just let k.digennaro study my PDN file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?utwd3mrh42l

Get it before mediafire lose it :)

Hint:

Light ray plugin by MadJik

Lot of blur (Zoom, Radial)

A little twist.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I was going to ask for a tut on that when I saw it in the Pictorium, I'll ask it in here! Please Ash! :D

p.s.: and a tut for the 3 glass orbs or some indications? Thanks!

double p.s.: I tried (just to make a try I am not going to use it....) your brushed metal as a brush saving it in my custom brushes and it looks really cool :D !

It seems you guys need a tut, but trust me, it's really too few steps for a tut..

I'm sure you all got the bottom layer using the light ray plugin.

Let's talk about the top layer..

1. Fill layer with black or white (doesn't matter)

2. Add noise (Color=0)

3. Zoom blur

4. relief

5. Twist (If you twist the bottom layer 1 way, twist this layer the other way, again don't twist too much!)

6. Set blend mode

Crop the image to get rid of the junk.

Bam! done :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]