Sign in to follow this  
k.digennaro

-Installed 3.3, Now plugins crashing-

I installed 3.3, now my plug ins have been crashing, not all of them, it started with Sharpen +, now sharpen + is working, but every time i try to use Drop Shadow, i get the plug in error message.

Ive tried reinstalling the plug ins and no luck. Any one know whats going on?

Thanks

Kevin

I also just had a crash do you wish my log as well or shall I wait until post author k.digennaro sends his in to you in case they are the same.

thanks OMA

PS if this is incorrect area please one of the mods move it for me.

o oops, here ya go

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll

Effect Name: Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowEffect

Full error message: System.MethodAccessException: PaintDotNet.ColorWheel..ctor()

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowConfigDialog.InitializeComponent()

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowConfigDialog..ctor()

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowEffect.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

edit: i see that a couple people had this problem with the drop shadow, but its been happening on and off with some other plugins as well.

The author of Drop Shadow will need to publish an update. Plugins are no longer allowed to reference classes inside of PaintDotNet.exe (they weren't really supposed to before 3.30 either, but there was nothing preventing them, nor any documentation warning against it).

The author of Drop Shadow will need to publish an update. Plugins are no longer allowed to reference classes inside of PaintDotNet.exe (they weren't really supposed to before 3.30 either, but there was nothing preventing them, nor any documentation warning against it).

hmmmm, i see, so basically the plug ins that did this will now have to be updated?

That makes sense.

Thanks for the quick response.

Kevin