My locked topic

I came here looking for help. I searched, and when I didn't find the answer I needed, I politely asked a question. I know that all of you guys are buddies here and I'm new, but I think if you'll reread the thread that was locked you'll see that the other guy started with me by making a smart comment that was unnecessary. No, I didn't like it,and I said so, but he was much more in the wrong than I was. He was the one with attitude. His attitude was: I may help you, but I will treat you any way I feel like while I do it. I merely told him to get lost if he wanted to be like that.

pyrochild was joking around with you. He wasn't trying to be mean. He wanted more information, fully intending to answer your question. But you couldn't just roll with the punches on this.

"Don't bite the newbies" applies to everyone. pyro joked. You bit.

So, what was your question, anyway?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

David, I appreciate you getting things back on track and asking about my question. However, I feel a little ganged up on by the two of you so let me say this. I come here as a stranger, a novice, asking for help, and after I ask an honest question, some smart guy pops up and makes a remark like my question is stupid and I should just "look", and it's not like he said, "Haha. j/k Now could you explain a little more?" When I offer to elaborate if I need to, I get a one word reply: "Do", still with no politeness, like saying I might be helped if I follow instructions. And then I'm told I'm the one with attitude and because of my attitude my topic is being locked. Not good experience here so far.

Anyway, having said that, if I'm still welcome here, I'll re-ask my question. But I'll wait to find out before I do because I am way outnumbered here.

Ash,

I know I have to look at it. I can't very well feel of it. Probably the problem is that I don't know what to look at (or look for) which is why I'm here. How can I view the items of a layer without also seeing the other layers at the same time? I'm trying to edit an existing web page template (.psd file).

Hi CVB,

I don't know if this is the answer you were looking for, but...

As far as I know, if you don't have identifyer names for the layers in your drawing, you will have to turn all layers off, then turn them on one at a time and identify the elements on each. That is the only way I know of doing it. And of course, you would then double click that layer's box and name it accordingly.

Ash,

I know I have to look at it. I can't very well feel of it.

(bolding mine)

and try to relax and get over the offense. Saying things like that just pushes the issue farther than it needs to go.

In PDN's layers window, there is a check mark on the right of each layer.

When you uncheck it, that layer is hidden.

So, uncheck all the layers 1st.

Then put check mark on one by one and see what shows up on the screen, rename that layer according to what you see on the screen.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I'm sorry if you feel ganged up on. That certainly wasn't my intent. I was very exhausted when I posted that (I need to stop doing that), so it came out a lot snarkier than I intended.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

CVB, Pyrochild uses sarcasm very often especially when he sees something that to him has an obvious solution, or needs more info, or when someone bits him, but he's very experienced with PdN and the forums and a lot of other stuff out there just like many of us.

we just got to get used to him, and appreciate his ironic and sarcastic humor, cause a few members here like to do that, and very very very rarely in a depreciative way...

so be cool man :D have a :mtdew:(< is that a beer?? looks like a battery)

@d.A:

I was very exhausted when I posted that

That's what happens when you go on posting first than everyone else...

:mtdew:(< is that a beer?? looks like a battery)

Mountain Dew.

I was very exhausted when I posted that

That's what happens when you go on posting first than everyone else...

No, it's what you get when you're working on a midterm due the next morning at 2am on five hours of sleep... ;-)

PrettyDarnNeat and Ash,

Thanks for the help. I was looking for a "make the elements on the layer flash" button or something like that, but unchecking all 50 of them and looking at them one (or a few) at a time is a better way I'm sure.

For the other issue (this thread: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23048), people can judge for themselves what was said and my reaction, but if this were all done in person, a person who went around making jokes like that would sooner or later run across the wrong person to put down and get his clock cleaned, paint.net expert or not.

Now I've said my peace about it. I hope you can understand and we can move on.

I think you're right, and I agree completely that we should move on. :-) To that end, I'm going to lock this topic - not because you've done anything wrong, but because this argument will go on and on if I don't, and I don't want to deal with that. If you want to add anything else, just PM me.

Thread Locked