Rope and moons/stars

Try this:

1. Create a new layer

2. Draw your star on that layer (this will draw the outline)

3. Use the magic wand to select outside of the star (that is, everything but the star)

4. Press Ctrl-I to invert your selection

5. Press Backspace to fill the star with your primary color (or, you could draw a gradient in there)

6. Optional: Feather as necessary

I've got a rope texture I found in my stash (which was made in PSP)...I tried duplicating it here in Paint.NET, and ended up with something horrid-looking. If anyone wants to try, feel free.

11001_63a728ee180630b170489c0e479e0579

For my try, I rectangle-selected a 500x100 rectangle and filled with with the brown colors, and added some noise. On a separate layer I rendered some diagonal lines for the strands of rope and merged it down, then used waves for the top and bottom edge to get the uneven look. Then I jittered and stitched the rope to make it look well-worn...

but I still wasn't happy with it.

Good luck

How would you make a realistic rope, moon, and a star?

That's why people are pointing you to realistic methods.

I've got a rope texture I found in my stash (which was made in PSP)...I tried duplicating it here in Paint.NET, and ended up with something horrid-looking. If anyone wants to try, feel free.

[attachment=0]rope.jpg[/attachment]

For my try, I rectangle-selected a 500x100 rectangle and filled with with the brown colors, and added some noise. On a separate layer I rendered some diagonal lines for the strands of rope and merged it down, then used waves for the top and bottom edge to get the uneven look. Then I jittered and stitched the rope to make it look well-worn...

but I still wasn't happy with it.

Good luck

I'm sure PDN can do it.. :idea:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]