Semi Transparent Screen Tints

OK, maybe my age is showing. But pre computers I used sheets of screen tints in different percentages. Well on my web page I want to make a table that is semi transparent. I am putting this over a background that I want to sorta show through. I happen to have found a 20% mesh but it is white and I want to make other colors. Well, when I try it on Paint.Net it allows me to do it in PGN but when I switch to a gif so I can use it on my web page, the mesh disappears! HELP!

Mmmm, maybe because the GIF format only supports 256 colors? Maybe the colors of your mesh are being excluded when you export to GIF. Have you tried using the PNG format? In your post there's a typo, and I don't know if you refer to PNG, or PDN:

... Paint.Net it allows me to do it in PGN but ...

Anyway, the PNG file format is newer than GIF, and is perfectly suited for web use. Maybe not a straight answer, but hope this helps.

GIF does not support partial transparency. Things are either fully opaque or fully transparent with GIF. :-)

Save it as a PNG. Things are much better that way.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.