Nubs (Nodes) on Curve Drawing Function

Would it be possible to increase the number of nubs (or nodes) on lines for curving beyond 4? Perhaps allow adding a new nub by choice? Sometimes this might be very useful if you want to draw something like a bell-curve with one line - unless there's trick I'm missing. InkScape has a related function in free drawing which displays all the nubs (nodes) for all line direction changes, and then allows you to 'simplify' the number to smooth out curves - but this is quite cumbersome to use.

Thanks in advance.

SG

Yup! Search would've found what you're looking for. Also, correction: It's not planned for 4.x, Rick said it would only be possible with 4.x. I don't believe he's definitively decided to include it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.