How to Install Plugins ×

Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2024-03-23) v.5.0.5.0

KrisVDM

It's possible your antivirus is blocking it.  What virus ware are you using?

Mine looks like this:  kvm.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...

Relatable, Shijindrake... Sorry you have to deal with 'tech' too.  

Hi - I need to use 4.3.1.X for work. 'Just upgrading' is not an option.  
These plugins are pretty vital to my workflow, and they do the job just great!  
Is it possible to disable or suppress the plugin update notification on a machine that cannot, will not, and is not allowed to upgrade?

52 minutes ago, sotiredofregisteringforsit said:

Is it possible to disable or suppress the plugin update notification on a machine that cannot, will not, and is not allowed to upgrade?

Not that I know of - you will just have to ignore the prompt.

Also, please remember when using older versions of paint.net, that we cannot provide help with older versions.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

2 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Not that I know of - you will just have to ignore the prompt.

Also, please remember when using older versions of paint.net, that we cannot provide help with older versions.

Sigh.

Quelle surprise.  
My quiet prayer is that one day, people never need to use 'legacy' content like I do, for my work, for my gummy eyes, for accessibility features, for any other reason that 'support stops being offered.' 

Thanks kindly for my affirmation. I'll give up, too.

Hello everyone !

I used this plugin for months, and twice now, it disappeared : it was like it uninstalled itself.

Today, It is not in my Paint anymore. Ijust downloaded and reinstalled it, and I think the installer didn't go all the way through.

I had the screen posted by Pixey on April 26, I clicked Intall, and the whole thing disappeaared half a second later.
I start Paint, and can not see the tools added (I'm used to the Drop shadow, and it was not there in the Object menu).

I went in the Paint/Effects folder, and could only see the file of another plugin (that I can see in the Paint interface).

Anybody know what can happen to cause this ? how to solve this problem ?

2 hours ago, iwiws said:

Anybody know what can happen to cause this ? how to solve this problem ?

Please check a couple of things.

1.  This Plugin link is very sensitive to your virus malware.  I had to tell my virus-ware a couple of times, that it is OK to download.  Look for it in your Download area.

2.  Make sure you are using the latest paint.net version.

This is what it should look like after you have downloaded the ZIP and opened it in a new folder and hit "Install."

Kris-plugins.png

30b8T8B.gif

On 6/16/2023 at 8:55 AM, Pranay said:

Can someone please provide a alternative link to the pack as the website hosting it is down.

https://www.vandermotten.be/paintdotnet

Sorry about that. The website has indeed been down for a few days. I moved it to a different server, and it should be back up really soon now.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 10:45 PM, Shijindrake said:

image.png.ae3867816a5062f9e055e9dc60a1a6fb.png

I have Paint.NET version 5.0.3.

This might happen if you have two copies of Paint.NET installed, for example because you had it installed using a download from the website, and then later installed through the Microsoft Store as well.

If that is the case, I suggest you remove the old copy, and keep only the most recent one.

• 1 month later...

Hey!

Really cool plugin pack, thanks for that.

Any way to disable automatic update checking?

I don't like that it nags every time I use the plugin for the first time that my plugin pack is out of date. Obviously I could always update but if I wanted to skip an update it would be awesome to be either able to disable automatic update checking or have a checkbox 'Don't remind me about this update anymore'.

Thanks!

EDIT: I also would appreciate a DLL ZIP instead of an installer. :)

Edited by GraphicalGenius

On 8/2/2023 at 8:28 PM, toe_head2001 said:

Create a rule on your network firewall.

Wouldn't that block paint.NET from checking updates? I'd much rather appreciate a native solution, such as vdmplugins.ini: check_updates=0

2 hours ago, GraphicalGenius said:

Wouldn't that block paint.NET from checking updates?

I not saying to block all connections for paintdotnet.exe

Just block www.vandermotten.be to disable the update check.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• KrisVDM changed the title to Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2023-08-27) v.5.0.3.0
On 8/2/2023 at 7:07 PM, GraphicalGenius said:

Any way to disable automatic update checking?

On 8/5/2023 at 1:07 AM, toe_head2001 said:

I not saying to block all connections for paintdotnet.exe

Just block www.vandermotten.be to disable the update check.

That would indeed prevent the update check, indefinitely. I'd like to understand why people would want to do that?

Wouldn't you want to be notified of an update? For example, I just released version 5.0.3. In this version, the Drop Shadow effect is a lot faster than in the previous version. And I'm not talking about a few percentages. Depending on hardware, image characteristics and parameter values, it can be more than twice as fast as the previous version.

Sometimes updates contain bugfixes too. Wouldn't you want to know?

Obviously, I understand that you don't want to update during your current work session, but nothing requires you to do that. You'd still want to know that a new version is available, would you not?

Just trying to understand.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I just created the account just to thank you so much for your plugins but I'm facing an issue, when using the installer, it doesn't install anything, in fact, it only generates a Crashlog in my Desktop.

I have the last Paint NET version, but I have it installed in an external HDD (I cannot install it in my machine)
Would be a problem if I ask for the .dll without the installer? Here is the crashlog if it helps you:

Edit with extra info: My machine language is in Spanish, I'm using Windows 11 Home 64 Bits (10.0, 22621) and my Paint NET version is v5.0.9. I do not have any Antivirus.

Installer Crash log

Exception:
System.ArgumentNullException: El valor no puede ser nulo.
Nombre del parámetro: path1
   en System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   en Install.Installer.StartPaintDotNet()
   en Install.MainWindow.StartPaintDotNet(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   en System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   en System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   en System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   en System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   en System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   en System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   en System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   en System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   en System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   en System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   en System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   en MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   en MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   en System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   en System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   en Install.Startup.StartApp()
   en Install.Startup.Main()

Loaded Assemblies:
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Install, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
PresentationFramework.Aero2, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
PresentationFramework-SystemXml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
PresentationCore.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=es, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
UIAutomationTypes, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
UIAutomationProvider, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
mscorlib.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=es, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor Count:  16
CLR Version:      4.0.30319.42000

Edited by Zoma

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 11:43 AM, Zoma said:

Hello! I just created the account just to thank you so much for your plugins but I'm facing an issue, when using the installer, it doesn't install anything, in fact, it only generates a Crashlog in my Desktop.

I have the last Paint NET version, but I have it installed in an external HDD (I cannot install it in my machine)

At first sight, it seems that the crash occurred after the effects were installed. Can you check?

Kris.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it possible for an update to the installer that support the PortableApps version of Paint.Net? The installer detected the version but did not know where to install the files so it just dumped the DLLs in a folder in my Documents location, then I was able to move the DLLs over to the Effects folder of the portable installation. Would be great if I could manually input the install location to streamline things for future updates.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:25 AM, FooxOfficial said:

Is it possible for an update to the installer that support the PortableApps version of Paint.Net?

If you're using a 3rd party repackaging of the portable version of Paint.NET, then it's not something we can really support. Imagine there were 10 of these (which there probably are) ... we'd be completely bogged down.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg