How to Install Plugins ×

Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2024-03-23) v.5.0.5.0

KrisVDM

58 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Helo & welcome to the forum @doubleo20 :)

Drop Shadow can be found under the Effects > Object submenu. Did you look there?

PS I've joined your thread to the KVDM plugin pack thread (we try to keep all the plugin discussions in one place).

yes. its not there. thank you for the response. I am also trying to figure out the problem myself.

2 hours ago, doubleo20 said:

i have installed the exe file

I may not have understood correctly, but just in case:

The .exe file is the installation file. Only download the .exe file if you have the free version of Paint.NET.

Extract the .exe file from the zip you have down loaded to your desktop. Don't copy the .exe file into the Effects folder. Keep the .exe file on your desktop.

Double click the .exe file to install the plugins.

If you have the store version, download the Zipped DLLs files on the forst post and follow the instructions

On 2/18/2008 at 11:00 PM, KrisVDM said:
  1. Download the zipped DLL package (click the gray button)
  2. Extract the DLLs to the folder  /Documents/paint.net App Files/Effects/ (create the folders if they are not present)
  3. Restart paint.net

* /Documents/ may be translated to your system language

Xkds4Lh.png

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2018 at 3:33 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I've added a second download option to the first post. Now you can download a zipped pack of DLLs for manual installation with the Store version of paint.net.

You will need to

1. Download the zipped DLL package (click the big gray button)
  2. Extract the DLLs to the folder  /Documents*/paint.net App Files/Effects/
  3. Restart paint.net

* the name of this folder may be translated to your system language

Thanks. Worked for me and by the way running the Store and Classic versions on the same PC does not cause any problems.

• KrisVDM changed the title to Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2021-01-20)
6 hours ago, MARKMILLZ said:

Hello, I just downloaded and try install the new effects version and it wont install and now I lost my effects.

What do you mean "it won't install" ? Do you get some kind of error message? If so, which one?

10 hours ago, MARKMILLZ said:

Hello, I just downloaded and try install the new effects version and it wont install and now I lost my effects.

Please try to restart paint.net after you have downloaded the Plugin.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

The installer doesn't require administrator rights to install. Not many installers do this 👍 This means Classic version users (Program Files\paint.net) without Administrator rights can still use the installer. It will install the files into <Documents>\paint.net App Files\Effects 99% of the time even if you have the Classic version and Administrator rights. It works fine for me.

It'd be nice if you could provide a way for Portable versions of Paint.NET as well.

Edited by otuncelli

Must be doing something wrong - can't get any sense out of the Drop Shadow Plugin - nothing happens. The Average Blur works, so they are installed correctly

Brian

30 minutes ago, BDP said:

can't get any sense out of the Drop Shadow Plugin - nothing happens.

It is working fine for me:  (Are you using it on an image with a transparent background

@BDP ?)

drop-shadow.png

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Just done that - no banana. The installed Plugins seem to be the only ones that are being installed into the \\Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects folder

PDN 4.3.7, Windows 10 64-bit

Brian

Okay, Pixey,

I have been all through your list, and they all work, except for the Drop Shadow. This is as far as I can get with it...

image.png.e5ceb8f1cd8ff1d58261fb16fe311cb6.png

Brian

2 hours ago, BDP said:

This is as far as I can get with it...

Well that's weird 😧

When you hover the Plugin, does it look like this?

Kris-drop-shadow.png

I get this when I try it:

drop-shadow-example.png

30b8T8B.gif

6 minutes ago, user.by said:

Why those effect dlls have a long name.

The long name, as in my first image, is only when you 'hover' over the Plugin.  It shows who made it and where it is on your computer.

30b8T8B.gif

27 minutes ago, Pixey said:

The long name, as in my first image, is only when you 'hover' over the Plugin.  It shows who made it and where it is on your computer

I said Vandormetten.PaintDotNetEffect.DropShadow is to long.

All the others effetcs name are short and nice. Forexample it could be DropShadow.dll.

Edited by user.by

31 minutes ago, user.by said:

I said Vandormetten.PaintDotNetEffect.DropShadow is to long.

All the others effetcs name are short and nice. Forexample it could be DropShadow.dll.

There is more than one drop shadow effect (made by different authors)... the long name keeps the dll names unique.

• 2 weeks later...

After using the new 4.3 installer Effects>Object>Drop Shadow disappeared and won't appear even when I drag the DLLs from Documents to the installation folder's Effects, where I have everything else. I use the classic version of Paint.NET, 4.3.7. The old DLLs I restored from a backup, signed as version 3.8.0.0, work flawlessly.

3 hours ago, MadameMinty said:

After using the new 4.3 installer Effects>Object>Drop Shadow disappeared and won't appear even when I drag the DLLs from Documents to the installation folder's Effects, where I have everything else. I use the classic version of Paint.NET, 4.3.7. The old DLLs I restored from a backup, signed as version 3.8.0.0, work flawlessly.

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like the installer did what it is supposed to do, but somehow Paint.NET doesn't load the new DLLs. I have no idea why that might be the case.

Was Paint.NET running while you ran the installer? If it was, can you please try again while Paint.NET is not running? Does that help?

In Paint.NET's settings window, do you see any plugin errors? If so, which ones?

image.png.01a39f1e401432702afd35f69565aaa7.png