Sign in to follow this  
KrisVDM

Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2010-10-26)

Hi and welcome carlssabotta!

That particular effect needs to be run over an object (collection of pixels) on an otherwise transparent layer.  DropShadow needs to find a transparent edge in order to have somewhere to place the shadow.

If your image is one filled layer then DropShadow appears to do nothing when run.

It shouldn't be going to digantdeals. I'm not sure what's going on there, but it's working perfectly fine over here. Have you run an antivirus scan recently?

• Upvote 1

It shouldn't be going to digantdeals. I'm not sure what's going on there, but it's working perfectly fine over here. Have you run an antivirus scan recently?

Maybe.But why do u ask?

I clicked this link:

http://users.telenet.be/krisvandermotten/Downloads/PaintDotNetEffects.html

And all it shows is the pic I posted :(

When I click on that link it goes to the correct page.  Are you seeing this when you click on it?

http://i.imgur.com/5h2dZfR.png

If not, then something is really wrong with your computer or server. Have you tried to use a free programme called Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?  You can download it at this link for the free version.

Good luck :)

I have just tried the link and it works fine for me. The download button is working as well.

So I`m afraid chamm it must be you. Have you tried a different browser, like Firefox? I use it all the time.

If you are then are any of your plugins blocking the site?

As Pixey suggested, it would be a good idea to run an AV scan or download MBAM. I have the free version.

Hope you can sort it out as Kris`s plugins are excellent.

Hi, I'm new to paint.net.

Is the installer not working for anyone else? I make sure to unpack the files, but the executable crashes whenever I try it. I have the latest vesion of paint.net and windows 7.

Hi @Chamm and @Mellon.

The link on the first page is working fine for me too.

It is this link and you must click on the large Blue download button:

http://users.telenet.be/krisvandermotten/Downloads/PaintDotNetEffects.html

And here is what you should see after you have unzipped the file:

vhtKltl.png

Hope it works for you soon.

I've just noticed that every time at first run when I use Kri's Average blur or drop shadow effect, PDN requests an internet connection in background. Any explanation ?

9JD0jrK.jpg

Edited by Ilko

I've just noticed that every time at first run when I use Kri's Average blur or drop shadow effect, PDN requests an internet connection in background. Any explanation ?

Interesting. It's downloading this XML document: http://users.telenet.be/krisvandermotten/Downloads/PaintDotNetEffects.xml

From looking at the contents of the document, I'm not sure what the purpose of the download would be. I'm guessing Kris was playing with some functionality, and forgot to remove it. Let's wait to hear it from the horse's mouth though.

Yep it seems harmless, that file contains some infos and credits. The problem (to me) is that there is no prompt for the user. From there a redirection to a less safe place might be possible or whatever unsafe things.

22 hours ago, jumbohotdogs100 said:

I have verstion 4.0.12 and scriptlab wont process the drop shadow effect :( is there any way I can fix this? I need the drop shadow effect to work for a project

ScriptLab was not working in paint.net 4.0.12 but this is fixed as of today. Please go download the latest version.

Interesting - Personally I have never installed drop shadow and prefer to create shadows 'manually' (not difficult).
However, the AV companies that have detected something all find something different and are not the 'trusted' names.
Even Symantec (notorious for false positives) gives it an all clear, as does Kaspersky, Microsoft and McAfee...
so I think it unlikely to be infected, if downloaded from this forum.

There is a pirate website that steals and redistributes effects against the authors wishes, these are known to be infected and may have caused the bad reputation shown by Virus total.

Do be cautious though... use the manual method till others have checked.