Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2010-10-26)

1. Download the zipped DLLs (gray button in the first post).
  2. Unzip the file
  3. Copy & paste the DLLs to the \Effects folder you have created.
12 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:
  1. Download the zipped DLLs (gray button in the first post).
  2. Unzip the file
  3. Copy & paste the DLLs to the \Effects folder you have created.

I already did that and it doesn't work as it keeps giving me an error message saying that the Effects installed incorrectly. I posted images about it.

1 hour ago, Djisves said:

I see it but unfortunately it will not allow me to download before I create an account and I am not going to do that. I think I will go back to the classic version of Paint.net because this is way too complicated to add plugins to the Windows app version. Thank you for all your help.

Edited by iTony888
3 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

This is not true at all. The download button is on the top-right of the webpage. A Dropbox account is not required; simply close the Dropbox registration form when it opens.

Oh I see how it works now. I click on direct download. A popup registration form appears. I closed it and nothing happened. I had to go back and re-click on direct download again and then the zip folder downloaded the second time.

But I already went back to the classic version of Paint.net as its way more easy to install plugins. I spent over 2 days trying to get plugins to work with Paint.net Windows app version. Then after I installed the classic version, a few minutes later and I have my plugins installed. Classic is so simple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know if Kris Vandermotten is still actively working on his plugins but I'd like to suggest adding the option to select which side(s) one wants to face in his Fade Edge plugin (for example, I might want to fade just the top and right sides).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi i am trying to install the vandermotten pack plugin, i have installed the exe file but when i open paint.net, the drop shadow effect doesn't show up that is part of the pack i downloaded. theres another file in the folder that has .dll, I wonder if i s

I am making photos for school projects. please reply asap

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Edited title & merged with VPP thread.

Hello & welcome to the forum @doubleo20 :)

Drop Shadow can be found under the Effects > Object submenu. Did you look there?

PS I've joined your thread to the KVDM plugin pack thread (we try to keep all the plugin discussions in one place).

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Spelling
  • Ego Eram Reputo changed the title to installing the vandermotten plugin pack
58 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Helo & welcome to the forum @doubleo20 :)

Drop Shadow can be found under the Effects > Object submenu. Did you look there?

PS I've joined your thread to the KVDM plugin pack thread (we try to keep all the plugin discussions in one place).

yes. its not there. thank you for the response. I am also trying to figure out the problem myself.

2 hours ago, doubleo20 said:

i have installed the exe file

I may not have understood correctly, but just in case:

The .exe file is the installation file. Only download the .exe file if you have the free version of Paint.NET.

Extract the .exe file from the zip you have down loaded to your desktop. Don't copy the .exe file into the Effects folder. Keep the .exe file on your desktop.

Double click the .exe file to install the plugins.

If you have the store version, download the Zipped DLLs files on the forst post and follow the instructions

On 2/18/2008 at 11:00 PM, KrisVDM said:
  1. Download the zipped DLL package (click the gray button)
  2. Extract the DLLs to the folder  /Documents/paint.net App Files/Effects/ (create the folders if they are not present)
  3. Restart paint.net

* /Documents/ may be translated to your system language

Xkds4Lh.png