KrisVDM

Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2010-10-26)

So First things first:

It worked before alright, but when I do it now it breaks

Explenation: I use one of his effects and then try to load it and then the whole paint.net crashes for no reason, With other of his plugins too,

oh and It doesnt say any plugin error. 

Also i am using the free version

And Its probably because of many plugins but what do you all think?

I am using the latest Windows app Paint.net version 4.2.12 (Final 4.212.7454.35665) Not the classic version. Running Windows 10 OS.

I have followed the instructions on this page https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html and created the folders "Effects", "FileTypes", and "Shades" in documents.

Then I add the "Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.Installer.dll" to "Effects" folder.

When I open Paint.net I get this error message. Kris Vandermotten's Effects installed incorrectly. Please run installer.

I can't run the installer because that is for the classic Paint.net version.

So what am I doing wrong?

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

27 minutes ago, iTony888 said:

Then I add the "Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.Installer.dll" to "Effects" folder.

The  "Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.Installer.dll"  file is not an Effect, and doesn't belong there.

You can run the installer, and it will extract the Effect files into Program Files/...

And then you can manually move the Effect files into Documents/...

6 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

The  "Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.Installer.dll"  file is not an Effect, and doesn't belong there.

You can run the installer, and it will extract the Effect files into Program Files/...

And then you can manually move the Effect files into Documents/...

When I run the installer it tells me that Paint.net is not installed and will not finish the installation.

1. Download the zipped DLLs (gray button in the first post).
  2. Unzip the file
  3. Copy & paste the DLLs to the \Effects folder you have created.

12 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:
  1. Download the zipped DLLs (gray button in the first post).
  2. Unzip the file
  3. Copy & paste the DLLs to the \Effects folder you have created.

I already did that and it doesn't work as it keeps giving me an error message saying that the Effects installed incorrectly. I posted images about it.

1 hour ago, iTony888 said:

I already did that

You did not. You downloaded the installer.

The link for the non-installer download is working again; use it.

2 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

You did not. You downloaded the installer.

The link for the non-installer download is working again; use it.

Where is the link for the non-installer?

1 hour ago, Djisves said:

I see it but unfortunately it will not allow me to download before I create an account and I am not going to do that. I think I will go back to the classic version of Paint.net because this is way too complicated to add plugins to the Windows app version. Thank you for all your help.

Edited by iTony888

32 minutes ago, iTony888 said:

... it will not allow me to download before I create an account ...

This is not true at all. The download button is on the top-right of the webpage. A Dropbox account is not required; simply close the Dropbox registration form when it opens.

3 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

This is not true at all. The download button is on the top-right of the webpage. A Dropbox account is not required; simply close the Dropbox registration form when it opens.

Oh I see how it works now. I click on direct download. A popup registration form appears. I closed it and nothing happened. I had to go back and re-click on direct download again and then the zip folder downloaded the second time.

But I already went back to the classic version of Paint.net as its way more easy to install plugins. I spent over 2 days trying to get plugins to work with Paint.net Windows app version. Then after I installed the classic version, a few minutes later and I have my plugins installed. Classic is so simple.