How to Install Plugins ×

Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2024-03-23) v.5.0.5.0

KrisVDM

• Pixey changed the title to Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2022-02-12) v.4.3.1.0

Strange here... I ran the installer and it placed the files in

"%UserProfile%\Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects" (I have "D:\My Stuff - Docs etc\Documents" as Documents)

Not in "%ProgramFiles%\paint.net\effects"

Yet they do show up in Plugin Browser   --- ???????

PS. Using 4.3.7 NOT store version

Edited by Panchdara

31 minutes ago, Panchdara said:

Yet they do show up in Plugin Browser   --- ???????

The classic version of paint.net will search both %ProgramFiles%\paint.net\Effects and %UserProfile%\Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects, unless an Administrator has disabled the paint.net App Files folder for security reasons.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

22 hours ago, null54 said:

The classic version of paint.net will search both %ProgramFiles%\paint.net\Effects and %UserProfile%\Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects, unless an Administrator has disabled the paint.net App Files folder for security reasons.

I sorta figured that, but could not find reference to it. Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Best regards

• KrisVDM changed the title to Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2022-03-19) v.4.3.2.0
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @nyx can you tell us which version of paint.net you are using please.  You do need to have the latest version, which is 4.3.10

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

14 hours ago, Pixey said:

Hi @nyx can you tell us which version of paint.net you are using please.  You do need to have the latest version, which is 4.3.10

whoops i was an update behind apparently, thanks again 😆

• Hooray 1

• KrisVDM changed the title to Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2022-06-06) v.4.3.3.0

I just released version 4.3.3.

Drop Shadow has been completely rewritten for this release. It is again a lot faster than previous versions.

Some other effects have minor performance improvements as well.

Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Hooray 1

13 minutes ago, otuncelli said:

@TheBish Welcome to the forum. 

Update your Paint.NET to the latest version. You're on 4.3.10 which is now incompatible with the latest plugin pack. 

Oh man what a first impression. Thought I was on the latest. Working great! Thank you for the quick support!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@KrisVDM I tried running the installer and windows 11 won't let me ???

Windows protected your PC
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App:
Install.exe
Publisher:  
Unknown publisher

Edited by DoubleD
added author's name in hopes to get help with install

10 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I tried running the installer and windows 11 won't let me ???

Windows protected your PC
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App:
Install.exe
Publisher:  
Unknown publisher

I clicked on more info and a popup window gave me an option to run anyway so I got it installed

44 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I clicked on more info and a popup window gave me an option to run anyway so I got it installed

Yep, it's very common for virus software to warn of a problem with some Plugin downloads.  Glad you got it in the end :)

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, marissi said:

If I accidentally closed the drop shadow window to edit the shadow, how do I get back the window?

Go back to Object > Drop Shadow.

30b8T8B.gif

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blushock said:

Do these plugins work for 5.0 and above?

Read the first post. The version of the program is indicated there.
Install and test. Report the result. It's better than a question.

1 hour ago, AlexDolmatov said:

Read the first post. The version of the program is indicated there.
Install and test. Report the result. It's better than a question.

Reread it, they don't explicitly say whether it does or doesn't. But still, worth a shot.

My guess is it will have a fair bit of issues compared to stable, but don't take that as absolute truth. After all, it's just a hypothesis.

Edited by Blushock

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PeterDD said:

I want to test it in Pinta under Linux to see if it works there.

Plugins built Paint.NET for cannot be used in Pinta. The two applications have different plugin systems.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 3 weeks later...