Changing Default Canvas Size

I'm a total noob to PDN but absolutely love what I've seen so far.

I would like to change the default canvas size. I work with 12"X12", 300 dpi. My work-around was to create a blank page with those settings and open it each time I launch PDN. Is there a way to automatically open that file each time I launch PDN?

I've searched the forums and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

Find the shortcut/icon that you use to start Paint.NET.

Right click it, and click on Properties.

Click the Shortcut tab, if it's not already selected.

Find the full path of that default file that you made. (It should look something like "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Pictures\image.pdn")

Copy that full path, using Edit->Copy or Ctrl+C.

Go back into the properties page that you opened earlier.

Paste (Ctrl+V) the path in the Target: textbox, after "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe".

Make sure the part you pasted is also surrounded by quotes, and that there is a space between the two quoted parts.

The final value of the textbox should be something similar to:

"C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Pictures\image.pdn"

Click OK.

Now, when you use that shortcut (and ONLY that shortcut) to launch Paint.NET, your default picture will be automagically opened.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 8 months later...
Find the shortcut/icon that you use to start Paint.NET.

Right click it, and click on Properties.

Click the Shortcut tab, if it's not already selected.

Find the full path of that default file that you made. (It should look something like "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Pictures\image.pdn")

Copy that full path, using Edit->Copy or Ctrl+C.

Go back into the properties page that you opened earlier.

Paste (Ctrl+V) the path in the Target: textbox, after "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe".

Make sure the part you pasted is also surrounded by quotes, and that there is a space between the two quoted parts.

The final value of the textbox should be something similar to:

"C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Pictures\image.pdn"

Click OK.

Now, when you use that shortcut (and ONLY that shortcut) to launch Paint.NET, your default picture will be automagically opened.

Thanks for the tip. Although, my shortcut was .png not .pdn

Necroposting galore.

Three months is the limit before the topic is classified as 'dead', it has been eight.

Thank you for your input, nabilalk, but don't forget the Rules (in this case, [rule=11]Rule 11[/rule]). You're more than welcome to return and post again :).

Topic locked