Gun Control

Cornipsus

The idea works like this: We crush all the guns in factories so nobody has any.

Crush all the guns in factories? What the hell is that even supposed to mean?

You cannot force the manufacture of guns to cease. The knowledge of the basic concepts of firearms is widespread enough that even if you managed to shut down every gun manufacturer in the world, just as many new ones would spring up in their place.

And that's not even accounting for the guns already in existence! Did you consider that? I doubt it. What do you plan to do about those? Ask everyone to turn in all their weapons? You try that sort of bloody potato, you'll get a bullet in your skull faster than you can say "Oh no, I'm about to get a bullet in my skull."

Honestly. You argue like a seven-year-old.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

The idea works like this: We crush all the guns in factories so nobody has any.

Crush all the guns in factories? What the hell is that even supposed to mean?

You cannot force the manufacture of guns to cease. The knowledge of the basic concepts of firearms is widespread enough that even if you managed to shut down every gun manufacturer in the world, just as many new ones would spring up in their place.

And that's not even accounting for the guns already in existence! Did you consider that? I doubt it. What do you plan to do about those? Ask everyone to turn in all their weapons? You try that sort of bloody potato, you'll get a bullet in your skull faster than you can say "Oh no, I'm about to get a bullet in my skull."

Honestly. You argue like a seven-year-old.

Doon't flame me, you haven't showed an evidence, but i have!

No, I haven't presented any evidence, as you so keenly point out. What I have presented is good old-fashioned common sense and basic logic. Your arguments, while also lacking in evidence, also lack even those two basic principles.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

What evidence? You haven't shown an iota of evidence, and we've shown gallons. You're getting repeatedly more ridiculous. The tagline of the Overflow includes the words "...and reasonably intelligent!" for a reason. With that post, you crossed that line. I give you one more post to give any facts or logic to support your viewpoint, or I'm locking the thread.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

No, I haven't presented any evidence, as you so keenly point out. What I have presented is good old-fashioned common sense and basic logic. Your arguments, while also lacking in evidence, also lack even those two basic principles.

Do, you have an prof that they lack those principals?

I suggest you read up on logical fallacies, Bossk. You're falling into several.

Also, you've posted twice since I gave you one more post. Ad hominem attacks and redirected questions do not count as evidence. I'm not going to let this thread keep running in circles.

Thread Locked

Please note: I did not lock this thread because of a disagreeement in principle. It's locked because I don't want the debate to continue spiraling out of control as it has so neatly done.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.