Sign in to follow this  
Simon Brown

The News Discussion Thread

Whose government? ;-) Keep in mind that we have quite the international membership here. United States, United Kingdom, India...make sure that you indicate which region is of interest.

There won't be less smokers - how many would give up for £10 but not for their health? None.

What I find upsetting is that we are selling people their freedom, you could say.

taking away thier freedom!! thier taking away ours by poluting the streets with poisonous chemical filled smoke. i think all smoking should be baned and removed...

but some would give up smoking especially people low on money cos they spent the rest on cigerets :D but still it should go ahed

And, no, Bugster - you don't have to join in if you don't want to.

What do you mean with that, it doens't matter if i join or not . Thats was not needed

. :?

Well , Barrack Obama is winning at the democrat's.

Bye.

Bugster

From what I have heard it is selective by area. For instance I think that health care over there is way better in some areas then in others. While in Canada the Canadians have a hard time getting surgeory. Those are two reasons I dont support a NHS in the US

What is health care in the UK like?

Do you mean the NHS?

Dont get me started on the NHS...yeh there good but its free and some people (immigrants(Not saying all of them)) come over here and get a free health service without working or paying tax!!! It really annoys me!

it really anoys me when people come over and get everything for free...that means everyone else has to wait and pay...we should rebel against "the man" the man is bad for everyone

(immigrants(Not saying all of them))

That is to say, illegal immigrants, right? A citizen can not have a job and not pay taxes, but get free health care.

yea i think thats what hes saying...illegal imigrants

Does anyone agree with GM crops?

Who doesn't?

You like modern foodstuffs right? We've been Genetically Modifying them for the past 6-10 thousand years.

(immigrants(Not saying all of them))

That is to say, illegal immigrants, right? A citizen can not have a job and not pay taxes, but get free health care.

yea i think thats what hes saying...illegal imigrants

Not quite. I have friends in the UK, and from them, there are plenty of people who are legal immigrants who don't work, and live off of the welfare state they have.

Just now, the Londoner (a London newspaper) came through our postbox.

guess, what the headline is?

"Crime Hits 9 Year Low"

London gets safer as crime falls

How on earth can they say this when walking outside is dangerous - I mean there's yobs, gun culture, stabbings/shootings. To say that crime rates have actually dropped is ridiculous.

A National health care system is a great idea in theory but poor on on paper. People are complaining about taxes as it is and you want to burden them more with a NHC. Besides the goverment does give out health car for the people that do need it anyway.