How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

Are you downloading the *.zip file from the first post, or have you clicked on the information icon and been taken to BoltBaits website?

If it's the latter option, the files on that website are not zipped :wink:

Hi. I can't seem to install these plugins. I saved the download to the effects folder and clicked it. All the files are there, pretty as you please, but when I open paint.net, the plugin features aren't there. My paint.net folder sits directly on my c drive, not in the program files folder and I have windows vista. Does anyone have any advice. I need these plugins badly. Thanks in advance.

The plugin .dll files need to be copied from the zip and pasted into the Effects folder.

All folders zip or non-zip should be removed from the Effects folder.

Only plugin files in the Effects folder, no folders.

===================================

Edited by Sarkut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I`ve just updated to PDN3.5 and I`ve found that ,even though the dll`s are in the effects folder they do not show up in the program. I assume this is simply because they need updating. What I was wondering was if the pack on P1 that is compatible with 3.5 Beta 3 would be OK with the final version or do they need a further update?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I can't figure it out.

I saved the zip to the folder and now... it's not there.

Did the update save the new 3.5 somewhere I didn't want it?

If you are having trouble installing this plugin pack, please post here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023

is there a way to install BoltbaitsPack.zip into C:\PaintNET\effects....then unzip? Or unzip all of these..and drop and drag to the effects folder?

I have these listed in another section but cannot

"Move" to C:\.......

Windows Vista with lots of space. If you need this: I have added these to "properties", "desktop" and still cannot move these to C:\

Have read the 2007 install plugins..( :roll: 5 times)

• 4 weeks later...
The plugins in the first post of this thread work fine with Paint.NET version 3.5. If you are having trouble installing them, please post here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023

However, it appears that the individual DLLs on your website aren't 3.5-compatible. At least, the feather plug-in I downloaded directly isn't compatible. I've retrieves the ZIP'd pack now and have all the goodies, but you might want to do something about the individual website downloads.

DaveL

As it says, in red, on page 1:

This pack supersedes my plugins available elsewhere. I will be updating the other locations eventually, but if you want the latest versions, download my plugins from this post.

I will get around to it eventually. But, right now, I just don't have the time.

I`ve just updated to PDN3.5 and I`ve found that ,even though the dll`s are in the effects folder they do not show up in the program. I assume this is simply because they need updating. What I was wondering was if the pack on P1 that is compatible with 3.5 Beta 3 would be OK with the final version or do they need a further update?

:roll:

Have 3.51, newest update but still having problems. Think main one is not knowing enough about how to and when to...drag.

Otherwise it is beautiful, Paint.NET. I work with it far more than Gimp, or Paintshop which are excellent programs right up there with Paint.NET.

tks guys...L

• 5 weeks later...