How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

There is one more thing you can try. Go to your Effects directory and right-click on a DLL file. Choose "Properties..." and look at the "General" tab. If there is an "Unblock" button, click it and click "Apply".

post-44727-129986686747_thumb.jpg

I have already tried this before posting my frustration, but it didn't help either ! - they simply refuses to show up at the party

Run this utility and see if it has any suggestions. If it doesn't, post a screenshot of your effects folder.

I've ran your utility, but it didn't find any problems !

I have also posted a screenshot of my Effects folder as you requested.

post-47101-129987965886_thumb.png

On 3/11/2011 at 2:39 PM, BoltBait said:

Yeah, that's no good.

Go back to this page: https://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.php

and run steps 5-7. THAT's where your effect DLL files should be located.

Hi

I just want to tell you that after I have copied the .dlls to the new folder (the right one !) then they finaly show up under the 'Effects' menu.

I now know what to do the next time I need to install one of many great plugins.

A great THANK YOU to you @BoltBait as well as @Simon Brown and @Sarkut

Ps. maybe you should add a "Win7 users: DO NOT copy the .dll into your x86 effects folder as PdN won't be able to find them" sentence to your first post in this thread.

That way you won't have to waste your time answering stupid questions like mine (I'll bet I'm not the only one inhere who foocks up eerrrmmmm mess up the installation !

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for being a newbie, but is there a way to use the transparency plugin to fill or replace all white pixels or all pixels with some "less-than" or "greater-than" parameter, even if those are not a contiguous or shape-bounded group? Basically, I have a scan of my siganture in blue on a white background, and want to make the white background transparent to be able to use the resulting image as a signature "stamp" in electronic documents.

I suggest changing your blue-and-white image to black-and-white.

Then use it as an alpha mask applied to a blue-filled layer.

That should give you a blue signature on transparency with no trace of white.

Save as PNG.

This would involve using the Alpha Mask Import plugin by Illnab1024.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to end with the desired .png file. But now the end application problem .... The transparency works exactly as deisred when dropping into a Word document, but when I bring the .png into an Adobe Acrobat document, the "transparency" comes in as solid black and obscures the underlying text. Any ideas for overcoming that?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I downloaded pyrochild's plugin pack and put it in the effects folder, ect. But when I try to put boltbait's pack inside the effects folder this window keeps coming up:

2mnozlj.png

And when I try to unlock the files, I don't find the "Unlock" button.

ao03g1.png

Any advice to put other packs into the effects folder? :X

• 1 month later...

Major update to the plugin pack today.

Rick has let us plugin authors know that Paint.NET 4.0 will be much more restrictive on what we can use inside of Paint.NET when writing plugins. Many of my plugins would not run under such a restrictive system.

In preparation of 4.0*, I have rewritten all of my plugins removing anything that would not be allowed.**

I have asked Rick to block all of my old plugins in the next release of Paint.NET. This will force everyone who wants to continue using my plugins to download a new copy. You can be ahead of the curve by downloading now! Not only will you be ready when 4.0 ships, but you can enjoy some new features today.

New Features

"New features?" you say... yup. I added a strength slider to the Bevel Selection plugin. That should save you some time. I also added a few plugins that I've been using myself but never officially published.

True Feather is back!

Back by popular demand, True Feather. You begged, I relented.

Download

See the first post in this thread for the download link and the details of what is included.

Enjoy. :beer:

*(which, according to Rick, is still a long way away.)

**The main thing I lost was localization. I had been pulling localized text from inside Paint.NET for my own UI. If you run Paint.NET in English you won't miss a thing.

• Upvote 2

Way to be ahead of the game man!

Unlike me. Because I missed BoltBait's update in the Plugin Index this month. boltbait.sad.png

Humble apologies.

How many lashes should I give myself?

BoltBait, I copied all the new dll's into my Εffects folder and opted to "copy and replace", thinking that this will get rid of all the previous versions. To my surprise, I found three "Feather"s under Effects > Object.

I got rid of "Feather" v3.0 by deleting it and kept "ObjectFeather" v3.5 but I really do want to have the old "OldFeather" v2.3 too.

Is there an easy way to change how it appears in the menu so that one can easily distinguish it from the new one? Would you perhaps consider renaming it yourself to something like "Feather Old" or "Feather 2.3" and do us all a favour?

-----------

EER, this time, and this time only, you're excused.

But if you insist in redeeming yourself, you can start publishing the PDF index bundled with your "How to Install Plugins" guide. I'm sure all newbies will appreciate it.

Xkds4Lh.png

Old Feather is EXACTLY the same algorithm as Feather v2.3 so you only need one of those.

If you still have the original release of Feather v2.3 on your system you should probably delete it. I had to make some very minor (but important) changes to make it work properly going forward (PdN 4.0).

Feather.dll is Object Feather v3.5

OldFeather.dll is Feather v2.3 (Otherwise known as "True Feather")

Any other dll you have with "feather" in the name can probably be removed.

SelectionTools.dll is Selection > Feather, Outline, Blur Edge, and Bevel.

OK, understood.

Maybe I didn't pay proper attention last time. Quite distinguishable "Feather" and "Old Feather" under Effects > Object.

Thank you clearing it up and making me check again.

Xkds4Lh.png

• 4 weeks later...

I tried downloading it and it sayed "You do not have permission to view this attachment"

Try now

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow the plugin pack I uploaded on Oct 30 had a bad plugin in it. The Object > Outline plugin was built without a color selector (so it was only able to draw a red outline). I only discovered the error last night when I went to use it.

Anyway, I changed the plugin in the pack to an older version that does allow the color of outline to be specified.

Sorry for the mistake.

Next time I update my pack I'll do a proper update to that plugin.

Thank you very much BoltBait. I thought I had a corrupted dll and made a mental note to download it again. Thank you for the fix/rollback.

Merry Christmas.

Xkds4Lh.png