How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

Thanks for the prompt reply. By some unknown method I have just managed to download the the BoltBaits plugin pack (used Flashget - Save Link as, tried Flashget before with no luck) and they are now installed.

Ray

Is it really necessary to use a download manager for a 76.44KB file that would likely download in less than a second anyway? Just sayin'...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

No it certainly isn't, however when these are the preferred method of downloading it is more time consuming to unhook them than it is to use them. I very rarely ever download such small files, my normal downloads are usually in the 1 - 3 GB range (linux isos).

Ray

does it work for vista?

Yes, these work on Vista.

If you're having trouble installing this pack, please read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023

If after reading that thread (all the way to the end) and you are still having trouble installing this plugin pack, please post a description of your issue there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love these plugins BoltBait! Thanks for making them! I use them more than any of my other plugins. I really like the Bevel Selection. I like using it for some 3D text!

oh mine won't open :( I've saved it to C drive then unzipped it then opened it with paint.net and it says: the image is not recognized, and cannot be opened. I have paint.net v 3.5.3. and have windows XP, this might be irrevelvent but I'm using firefox

Can you help the add ons look ace

• 2 weeks later...
Object Feather v3.0 Released

For more information on this release including the download link, please visit http://www.SpreadPaint.NET!

This is true. I am allowing Mike to host the update of Feather while I work on the next release of my plugin pack.

If you are planning to install both, install my pack here, then install the feather plugin from Mike's site. It will overwrite the one in my plugin pack.

I should be done with my pack update in about a week. Until then, if you want the latest, go to Mike's site.

• 4 weeks later...

In celebration of the opening of the new forums at forums.getpaint.net,

I have released an update to my plugin pack.

(See first post for the zip file containing all of the plugins.)

Updates in this pack:

- Selection > Outline now has an anti-alias option.

- Object > Feather has a new algorithm which is much better than the old one.

- Other smaller updates and bug fixes.

Nice pack. Kudos on the feathering for Outline Selection.

Also, you wrote in your first post in this topic that the plugins have been tested with PdN v3.5.5. That release hasn't (and hopefully won't have to) yet been released...

Well, in fact the effect is better but I think the radius should be bigger...

What do you think the upper limit of feather radius should be?

Doesn't the new algorithm work with introversive feathering? This is missing for me :/:(

Huh? :/

Oh! you mean "true feather"!

First, if you don't like the limits of the radius, I've published the source code, so you can change it.

Second, if you're talking about True Feather, you should read this post very carefully:

That should explain everything. But, let me know if you still have questions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why can't I seem to download yours? I follow your guide for your plugins, but once I click "Open Folder" There is nothing there. And before I save the folder, I notice there is a little lock icon on the folder. So I clicked that and went to Properties, unblocked it and everything, but it still won't appear when I "Open Folder". Can you help me? Please!

Edited by LukasMaximus

HeartSigSmall.jpg

And by the way, I have also tried the general way to install plugins. Sarkut is trying to help me with another plugin I'm having trouble with. Any ideas? At least a helpful response.

HeartSigSmall.jpg

Thank you so much for the plugin pack and the assistance in installing it. I expect to spend many happy hours playing around with them! Just played briefly with the feather effect and borders, awesome, again thank you:}

Edited by Barbara Mc

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has already been reported - I scanned the thread quickly but might have missed it. Anyway, outline selection seems to have a slight bug: when you apply it without anti-alias it leaves out part of the outline.

Example - both done on a round selection with a thickness of 7:

outlinebug.png

Other than that, I have to say these plugins are among the most useful. I couldn't live without bevel selection... thanks for making all these cool plugins.

ndeee2.png

OMG you KILLED the epic feather plugin >.< What happened to true feather!? I am not looking forward to using aa's assistant as a replacement :/

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

OMG you KILLED the epic feather plugin >.< What happened to true feather!? I am not looking forward to using aa's assistant as a replacement :/

No I didn't. I fixed it. Just use Selection > Feather if you want the same effect as old true feather.