How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

Actually I mean any of the effects. They just dont show up. I'm not sure where I am going wrong in downloading it or using it. I followed the directions :(

I am just curious - are Bevel and Bevel Selection two different effects? I only ask this because I already have Bevel but it is different to the one shown in your pack(no colour options in mine).If Bevel Selection gives a different effect I`ll install both .

Sorry. Just had a proper look at the list of effects in the pack and I realize now it is different - along with feather and feather selection + outline and outline selection.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 2 weeks later...

i downloaded the zip and extracted the files and unblocked them all. i then reopened paint.net and there is no change they are neot in the effects menu

BB Did i ever tell you that i use Feather and Outline allot for my drawings. I find loots of use for the capability to grow and shrink an object with a few pixels.

Thanks for making and sharing them. :D

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

I was wondering if there is a way I can get the old feather tool back.

These plugins as well as others are great and I'm glad you've made them, but after I updated my paint.net to the latest version I then went and updated all my plugins and now the feather tool works completely differently than before, causeing stripes and effecting the whole image now instead of just the edges where the transparency and the color meet like in the old one.

The feather effect is probably the most often used effect by me, but I can't get the latest version to work well for me at all.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm actually just retarded. I guess after I downloaded all the effects plugins I skipped over copying the boltbait pack ones into the effects folder. When installed the feather effect works exactly as desired. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Not to sound ungrateful, but could you point out (for us noobs) that if you haven't saved a palette, the proper folder will not exist to extract your palette to? I stupidly wasted about 5 min. (even thought it may be a hidden folder,etc) otherwise thanx a million for all the great estuffe.

GS

sig001.jpg

My Stuff

Good work Bolt. :mtdew::mtdew:

But, I seem to have the same problem with the stripes when using feather. =\

Doesn't happen all the time, but it's annoying when it does and I don't know what causes it.

I have the latest version, and have read the thread...I'll try installing the plugin again and see what happens.

If you can help, that'd be great.

EDIT:

Just reinstalled. Works fine on most things. Gets funky on AA'd stuff, but that's understandable.

Haven't gotten the stripes yet. :D

•♪♫♫♪•

FoolsBlood.png

|- The Rules -|- çobblestones -|- CaMo -|- MeTaL -|

╠═╧╨»Φ«╨╤═╣

Hey Boltbait? I got one word for you, you'rethebestandweallwantmoreofyourtotallyawesomeplugins!!! :D

Wait a sec... That wasn't a normal word, was it?

linkzsigew9.png

´

I'm still kind of new to paint.net, so i probably

stink at painting from your point of view. If you tell me that I stink, you'll

be 10 seconds away from turning into a pile of meat. MOHAHAHAHA!!!im not crazy

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first attempt at installing a plug in. I want to use the Feather effect and some others but I am still very new at all of this. I installed it from here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22819&hilit=feather+plug+ins

into D:\paint.net\Effects (paint.net is on my D drive because my C drive is tiny). I then went and extracted it, closed the paint.net program, reopened it and nothing was there. I have read through many other troubleshooting posts and tried everything I could find (and understand). I've tried it twice and no luck. Could somebody help me? Also, if this helps..when I opened the effects folder it was empty. Is that normal or am I somehow in the wrong place. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have downloaded this plug in and it refuses to show up in Paint?? What am I doing wrong? I can see all the new features in the effects folder but they are not loading in the program??!! :(

Which one are you looking for? "Feather" appears in the "Effects > Object" submenu. "Transparency" appears in the "Adjustments" menu. They're not in the same specific location.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Which version of Paint.NET do you have installed?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

And you have successfully unzipped the plugin, correct?

I still haven't figured this out! Could somebody please help me? I gave details to my problem earlier but as far as I can tell nobody has responded to me yet. I have 3.36 and I unzipped it and put it in the effects folder but nothing shows up in paint.