Suggestion/ Request: Blend pasting and Remember Shapes

Hello, I have had some troubles lately, mainly with pasting. I have found myself copying and pasting more and more often lately and something has bugged me, whenever I paste a selection onto an image (not a separate layer) it completely overwrites the pixels already there. Is there any way that you can have the transparent portions of the pasted selection 'blend' into the already existent pixels?

Second, and this is just if the above is not possible: Could we save selection shapes? For instance if I created a new selection that is neither circular nor square is there anyway we can save that shape for later use?

Sorry for asking and sounding like a noob, but any help would be greatly appreciated :wink:

signature.png

Second, and this is just if the above is not possible: Could we save selection shapes? For instance if I created a new selection that is neither circular nor square is there anyway we can save that shape for later use?

Workaround: Create a new layer, fill selected area. Doesn't matter what color; make it invisible, if you're like. When you're ready to use it again, magic wand it, and then go to town. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

That works if he just wants to cut something out, but if he wants to run an effect on a selection, it's useless.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 4 months later...

I was looking for a 'save selection' feature myself.

I make several complicated shapes with the selection tool that I will eventually need to go back to later in time.

it would be nice to just load them back up as needed.

and if not that, at least the ability to reselect the last selection would be nice.

Is this kind of thing possible with plugins?

...at least the ability to reselect the last selection would be nice.
Ctrl + Z until you reach your needed selection, copy that (CTRL + C), then Redo All ( :FastForward: ) to reach the most recent action. Kind of like going backwards then forwards again in time.

Also, this is considered necroposting. Three months is the limit before the topic is classified as 'dead', it has been nearly five.

Thank you for your input, jkaoz, but don't forget the Rules (in this case, [rule=11]Rule 11[/rule]). You're more than welcome to return and post again :).

Topic locked