WinTab Support

JrezIN

I've been following Paint.NET development and I'm glad this project's evolving each day. I tried sometimes, and it looks great for small edits, sketches, mock-ups and even some bigger ones. But one thing that keep me from actually using it, is the lack of Tablet support. I know that you guys support TabletPC devices, but (unfortunately) I don't have one of these... I just have a simple Wacom Graphire3 tablet... but anyway... I'm writing this to ask for support tablet devices. I don't think it's too hard (please, correct me if I'm wrong), as support for TabletPC's Ink is already there.

The basic implementation can be done with the WinTab (standard) API. Documentation and files for this API can be found here:

http://www.wacomeng.com/devsupport/pc.html

Thanks in advice... =]

That'd be great, but we don't have any tablets to work with in the first place.
If it helps, I don't mind be a beta tester and help any way I can...

...also, I'm pretty sure if the dev team contact Wacom, they can provide the necessary devices to help such a popular app (that reminds me... congratulations!) like Paint.NET have Tablet support.

I've thought about that.

Maybe there is a solution. We can raise a fund!

Well, a pen tablet cost sth like 100$ (http://www.wacom.com/graphire/4x5.cfm), we are ~ 10 active forumers plus maybe 20 translators (so it's involved people), giving $10 or $20 each, the problem is done (what a horrible sentence :s).

Just an idea.

It's the Goal of the WSU Foundation, isn't it?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio