Nooby to editing

I am trying to find an easy way image a picture that has many shades of the same color. For example I want to change all shades of green in a set area to match the equal darkness levels of a color i select from the circle, for example if a chose a light blue the area with match the shading and make the color dark where it was darker and light where is is lighter. Is there an easy way to do this or do i have to go through and manually change each pixel and guess. I hope i made it clear what i want to accomplish. I am gonna attach a fille for the example I want to change the greens to a dark purple.

13181_ae066b975b4b6673318a2414c1384eb8

Hi there. :-) Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to read the Rules (they're here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3446 - look specifically at #6). Once you've done that, you'll know why I'm locking this thread. ;-)

Feel free to post this again once you've done that. :-D

Thread Locked

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.