Sign in to follow this  
k.digennaro

Pixel World!-The virtual PDN-Live,Learn, Draw!-

hmmmm.... i agree, but at the same time, that just makes it difficult, i guess i could right a big note saying wat the angel most be or something.

maybe it would be better if each induvidual member made a town

I think that there needs to be a set angle. Otherwise, nothing will look normal. We'll have buildings floating and ... just other... badness.

The pixel town you showed us looks great. Isometric perception isn't that hard to do. :P

i agree with you wither, and with you jerk, im just trying to think of how to explain it easily, maybe if we made a town grid like this, id put more 'plots' of land of in, but people could choose wat block they wanted then build a building that would fit there, that way it would help with size issues and angels, does that make sense? do you think itd work?

grid.png

It Looks Quite good...

Maybe you could have smaller 'Plots' So

1. You can fit More on

2. The Ones People make are quite small Anyway, So It Kinda Makes Sense ;)

It Looks Quite good...

Maybe you could have smaller 'Plots' So

1. You can fit More on

2. The Ones People make are quite small Anyway, So It Kinda Makes Sense ;)

^^^yeah that was the plan :mrgreen:, thats not the plot grid, i just drew it up as an example, im working on the real thing now, i should finish it today :P

i made a pixel person!! took me a few mins but i think it looks pretty good for my first pixel art. tomorow ill make a building once the grids finished...

can you add me to the list with my emo pixel person :D

mypixelperson.png

If you are going to be doing an isometric pixel town, then might I suggest following the usual conventions of line construction, as outlined here: http://www.19.5degs.com/element/833.php#b1.

Your pixel town grid does not really follow this convention. It would help to keep everything in perspective and look like 'true' pixel art. Just a suggestion though, nothing to be taken as a dig against what has been presented here already :).

i made a pixel person!! took me a few mins but i think it looks pretty good for my first pixel art. tomorow ill make a building once the grids finished...

can you add me to the list with my emo pixel person :D

mypixelperson.png

looking good, ill add you :P

If you are going to be doing an isometric pixel town, then might I suggest following the usual conventions of line construction, as outlined here: http://www.19.5degs.com/element/833.php#b1.

Your pixel town grid does not really follow this convention. It would help to keep everything in perspective and look like 'true' pixel art. Just a suggestion though, nothing to be taken as a dig against what has been presented here already :).

thanks for your comment, i agree with wat your saying, im going to add that link in the main post in a min as a guideline, and im working on a grid, the buildings could technically still be at different angles, but if you followed the grid it would look good.

*note* the reason i havent added some of them is because i didnt have permission.

i dont no a lot about artist rights etc on the forums, but am i allowed to use the image posted in this thread? all i want to do with them is put them on the main post.

do i need to ask individual permission?

edit:

heres the grid i made, most of the plots are similar size, although i did a few different sizes, the gray area in the middle would be a town square or something, i would add details on the roads, maybe some train tracks, stop signs etc..

landplots.jpg

NC can i add that to the main post? as a logo or wat ever you wana call it

Sure.

edit: yeah id like to add it to my sig, is that okay? maybe we could have all the members add it?

Okay.

So we are making a town :lol: I think therefore we should dedicate some buildings/institutions (museums/universities/concert halls, etc. stuff like that...you know) to the founding fathers of Paint.net so here is my tribute to Rick Brewster: a concert hall: Rick's Court , true (well almost true) copy of London's Earls Court (I mean I've traced over the real one :lol: :oops:) and what's most with Pink Floyd in a never ending concert (my dreams come true!) My only condition: I want my forever reserved seat first row in front of the group :lol::lol:

See if you like it

pixelcourt.jpg

haha ^^ why thank you NC :P, i hope it works out, right now we just gotta get the kinks worked out :P

heres the grid with jerkfight and d.cs building.

landplots1.jpg

^^if i post this and say something like your building or watever must fit in a grid do you think it would work out?

edit: just saw your post topezia, i think thats a good idea, we just need to work out the kinks first :P , were getting there :P

edit: oops fixed typo

:lol: it is such a fun that I shall stay here until I see my concert hall taking its place, yeah this is going to be a very neat cool and funny place! ( :lol: and I have my share for the idea :lol: )

[color=#0000BFzzzzzz, ronf, uhu?