Whats your favourite console?

nd38

Which out of these is your favourite console?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which out of these is your favourite console?

• Nintendo Wii
    • Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Nintendo DS
    • Playstation 2
    • Playstation
    • Xbox
    • PC
    • PSP

A computer isnt a console though. Its defiantly the best for games though IMO.

Also, for games, vista beats xp (due to directx 10 being amazing), although the huge jump in minimum requirements for games for vista from xp is kinda bad (my processor is at least 1 GHz below the supposed minimum for pretty much all of my games due to vista)

And yes, im working on programming games. Small time though. I dont have enough time to devote to programming, and im way too young to be getting a full time job as a game programmer.

I'm still alive!

Ok, directx 10 is better (in what it can do) than 9, but the fact it only works on Vista makes it more or less useless. I am yet to see a serious games who likes to game on Vista, and gamers are a big part of most games audience's. So spending time on a nice dx10 render path seems like a waste of time, especially since if you do not make a dx9 render path, hardly anyone will buy the game anyway. So the dx9 render path is inescapable, but you can get away with omitting a dx10 render path (sure some people will be disappointed, but that's not the same as a load of people being unable to play the game at all).

The conclusion seems easily drawn: spend less time developing features that are only cool, and still sell the game to everyone who wants it rather than just the people who want it AND have vista. Less time, more money.

And then there is OpenGL, you wouldn't even have to choose. The game could be for everyone and use all the features that people's hardware is capable of. The best from 2 worlds: better quality if dx10 hardware is present, while still working on dx9 hardware, and it has nothing to do with vista anymore (which can only be a Good Thing, since it was a limitation, and limitations are bad).

No this is not a rant, it's an explanation.

@vlad: what's wrong with the ps3 then? it's supposed to be better than the ps2

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(

@vlad: what's wrong with the ps3 then? it's supposed to be better than the ps2

supposed should be "is" :D there amazing but you cant play ps2 games on the 30 gig and they dont make 60 gigs no more :( i was going to get a 60 but i got a 40 with 2 games :D and well it was cheaper lol but the ps3 is trully and amazing next gen console :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

• 2 weeks later...

Who says Crysis uses DX10 to its full extend? Does any DX9 game use DX9 to its full extend anyway? I doubt it. The "full extend" is just more than you would need in any game (partly due to the fact that some features overlap eachother)

There are also games, such as Lost Planet Extreme Condition, that do not even pretend to look better when DX10 is used (Crysis pretends Very High detail is only available with DX10, which does not keep anyone from changing the settings manually, maybe Microsoft gave them money for that bad joke?)

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(

I really think Xbox 360 beats Ps3. IMO Ps3 doesn't have any good games, The controller is a terribly uncomfortable, and has a horrible button layout. They both have their flaws, but I think Ps3 is way worse. I like Wii a lot. Brawl is a great game.

I think that if you like Ps3 thats fine, I don't understand it, but it is your opinion, and I respect that.

1014png.png

..:The Official Sass Giver:..

..:Xbox Live Gamertag: Dutch Man Dann:..

I think that the PS3 controller (being essentially another DualShock controller) is one of the best controller layouts in gaming. It's an SNES controller with joysticks, basically- which rocks. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

A little too light, in my opinion.

It's a great controller, but I look forward to the DualShock3. Hopefully the rumble motors will add a little weight so it doesn't feel so disproportionately light.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I just noticed the little quote in CMD's signature. I now like CMD's sig the most. "flock", :lol:

Back on topic

The bad thing about PC, is it is never the best. There are always new prossesors and graphics cards and whatnot. For consoles, you for the most part have the best for roughly 4 years.

Unless of course there is a new upgraded one...like the Elite 360. I don't have to worry though because I have the Elite.

"The release of a new 360 called the Ultimate is confirmed. It will, in fact, be better than the Elite."

*coughs awkwardly* ..........dang

1014png.png

..:The Official Sass Giver:..

..:Xbox Live Gamertag: Dutch Man Dann:..

A little too light, in my opinion.

same because im used to the ps2 and i sit close i lift the controller up to stretch my arms on the loading screens and play with the cable lol :D but now i lift it up and its almost in the room lol :D it could do with a bit of weight :D and i really want a dual shock 3 one :D that looks awsome

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3