Whats your favourite console?

nd38

Which out of these is your favourite console?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which out of these is your favourite console?

• Nintendo Wii
    • Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Nintendo DS
    • Playstation 2
    • Playstation
    • Xbox
    • PC
    • PSP

I love the Playstations but I have been addiceted tp the Wii as of late. I am a pro in baseball and tennis but man bowliung is a pain.

my friend has a wii and he showed me bowling and he said its that easy he can play it in the toilet(which is next to his room) so he went in thier and got loads of strikes :D it was soooo funny :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

My bro has a wii and he dont play it often...my mums says she wish she had never gone through all of the trouble to get him one!

He prefers my 360 :D:):lol:

Anyway Devil May Cry 4 out now... and the 360 has a copy!!! So cry in your sleep PS3 owners!!!

Anyway Devil May Cry 4 out now... and the 360 has a copy!!! So cry in your sleep PS3 owners!!!

i dont get you?? dmc 4 is on the ps3 aswell. im gonna buy it when i have enough money :D i only have £20 :(

Devil May Cry series was meant to be only for the playstation....buttttt, its now on the 360...so all the sony fanboy will be secretly crying as they have to share a game with the 360!

i dont get you?? dmc 4 is on the ps3 aswell. im gonna buy it when i have enough money :D i only have £20 :(

Devil May Cry series was meant to be only for the playstation....buttttt, its now on the 360...so all the sony fanboy will be secretly crying as they have to share a game with the 360!

ooo it shares a platform scary...sometimes its good because its like ut3 my laptop cant take it but my ps3 will also then i can help all my friends on dmc when they all fail and cry no matter what console they play it on :D and i can get help from my x-box fanboy friends when i get stuck on some other game :D its nothing to cry about actually most people like it that it shares but then again some dont...overall it means more money for capcom which makes them happy and have more money which means more money spent on future releases :D

section8.png

• 4 weeks later...
My favourite system is either the SNES or the NES, lol.

Agreed. The SNES was a VERY solid system. Star Fox FTW!!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

My favourite system is either the SNES or the NES, lol.

Agreed. The SNES was a VERY solid system. Star Fox FTW!!

i had a star fox games on nintendo 64 :D i was really young and i could only do the first level but when i think back to it it was such and wasome game and so was a mario onw i had oo and street fighter :D

section8.png

Star Fox 64 was a good game. But Star Fox was a lot more revolutionary.

(British folks: we're talking about Star Wing and Lylat Wars, if you're confused)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

And are you confused?

So, see? It worked. :-)

NES = Great start with some great 2D games

SNES = A more powerful console, mastering 2D games with some of the greatest games

N64 = A start at 3D, but a little too soon IMO. Still some alright games, but not too impressive of a console

Gamecube = A huge step in power from the N64. Lots of great games, and really fun.

Wii = Looks good, but I dont know enough to rate it. Ill be getting one soon hopefully, mostly for brawl and crysis. The ability to purchase older games and play on your wii looks good, but ill have to wait to see how cool this console is.

PS = Really fun. Some of my favorite games of all time were playstation games.

PS2 = Pretty impresive. Large selection of great games. Also a really great console.

PS3 = Not sure, but it looks amazing. If I were to choose between this and a 360, I would get this without a doubt.

Xbox = Not as fun as PS2. I pretty much hate xbox's

Xbox 360 = bloody potato. I hate it. I dont think I could be any more against xbox's. Dont bother asking me what I have against them, because theres just too much.

As for a favorite, im not sure. PS and PS2 are pretty good, but the SNES is also really good, but in different ways.

EDIT:

ps: I would like to encourage all game programmers to make OpenGL games instead of DirectX, to make better use of people's hardware

NEVER!!

Well maybe someday, but for now, im sticking with directx

I'm still alive!

ps: I would like to encourage all game programmers to make OpenGL games instead of DirectX, to make better use of people's hardware

NEVER!!

Well maybe someday, but for now, im sticking with directx

DirectX 10 is a ripoff, only OpenGL can make full use of cards like the 8800 Ultra, lots of features just aren't available in DirectX 10, I can only think this would be worse for the 9k series, but I don't have one (yet) so I can't test this. Besides, there are lots of people who can only use DX9 for various reasons but have a DX10 compatible GPU all the same, OpenGL could make use of those cool new features like geometry shaders but DX9 definitely can not. Of course you won't have DInput etc, but there are alternatives.

So you're a game programmer?

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(