Whats your favourite console?

nd38

Which out of these is your favourite console?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which out of these is your favourite console?

• Nintendo Wii
    • Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Nintendo DS
    • Playstation 2
    • Playstation
    • Xbox
    • PC
    • PSP

The PC - it's usually easier to get free games for, and you have more keys (easier control) and you can do more other stuff with it (unless you'd put linux on a console, which is in some cases possible)

And you can upgrade it easily - when a console gets old it just stays crappy, you'd have to buy a new version. If your PC gets old you can usually put its end off a bit upgrading it cheaply (eventually it'll get too old, but it'll take long)

ps: I would like to encourage all game programmers to make OpenGL games instead of DirectX, to make better use of people's hardware

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(

Mind you, that's the problem I have with PCs. Every 18 months* or so, if you want to buy a new game, you have to upgrade your PC 'till kingdom come, often costing you more than the PC did in the first place, and often more than a console that can last a good 7 years (age of my decrepid but trustworthy PS2). With consoles you don't have that trouble, and generally you just pay a one-off cost, and finito, you have a games console that will last you for at least 5 years. What console to get, however, is a different matter. Personally, I like the look of the PS3, due to the continuation of the ever-fantastic Final Fantasy and Ratchet & Clank series on that platform, but for pure sheer, last-gen brilliance, you just can't beat the PS2. So many years in its belt, and still going strong...

*Time quoted for processing power to roughly double, thereby making the PCs of yestereighteenmonth obsolete.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

If you get a good computer to start with, you will not be able to play new games on "Very High" after a while, but for good games (gameplay-wise good, but just pretty-looking) the medium settings are usually OK.. (do you really need Very High in Crysis?) and often, old games remain good (example: Knights and Merchants, runs on all PC's with more than 64MB RAM, still a nice game; AoE 2, kinda old and not-so-good-looking but still played a lot; Even Guild Wars, played very much but only requires DX8; even World of Warcraft doesn't need a powerfull PC)

If you get a good computer to start with, you will not be able to play new games on "Very High" after a while, but for good games (gameplay-wise good, but just pretty-looking) the medium settings are usually OK.. (do you really need Very High in Crysis?) and often, old games remain good (example: Knights and Merchants, runs on all PC's with more than 64MB RAM, still a nice game; AoE 2, kinda old and not-so-good-looking but still played a lot; Even Guild Wars, played very much but only requires DX8; even World of Warcraft doesn't need a powerfull PC)

If you ever try Crysis in very high, you wont ever want to go back to medium :D Thats why im getting a new graphics card soon.

My favorite console is the PC. Very powerful, and you have a lot of control over the game (ex. When World in Conflict comes out for 360, it wont be nearly as fun.) Theres ton of great games to choose from, including IMO, some of the greatest games in history. Upgrades for computers i would ussually do about the same time as the release of next generation consoles, because most of the games are based off of the console versions. It seems like consoles are becoming more and more like computers though, but a PC still owns them at gaming.

I'm still alive!

If you ever try Crysis in very high, you wont ever want to go back to medium :D Thats why im getting a new graphics card soon.

My favorite console is the PC. Very powerful, and you have a lot of control over the game (ex. When World in Conflict comes out for 360, it wont be nearly as fun.) Theres ton of great games to choose from, including IMO, some of the greatest games in history. Upgrades for computers i would ussually do about the same time as the release of next generation consoles, because most of the games are based off of the console versions. It seems like consoles are becoming more and more like computers though, but a PC still owns them at gaming.

[/fanboy]

Well I have to say that the 360 is the greatest console ever because of the amazing online. The community is awesome (except for those little kids screaming some lame song off blue's clues, :evil: :twisted: ) The games are top of the line (CoD4, Halo 3, Rock Band). The cost for online is high compared to most games on the PC being free. But, IMO, the 50 bucks a year is absolutely worth it because XBL never get's old.

Oh and if ANYONE says the PS3, I will crack up, roll on the floor, gasping for air while I die in laughter, and make a sig that says: "[insert Username here] thinks the PS3 is the best gaming system out there.!!!" And I will put it on my gaming website, then tell all my friends, then submit it to gameinformer..rofl..okay I'll calm down now :twisted: :twisted: .

I played on Very High with the "edit the settings files"-trick, I have a GeForce 8800GTS 640Mb, I wanted to go back to the regular High because it's faster and being able to react to enemies quickly is just more important than your enemies looking pretty - at least to me.

Sure, Very High looks nice, but High also looks nice, and I'm not complaining about Medium either..

"Do you really need Very High settings" can not be reasonably answer with "yes" anyway, the only things you "really need" are things that you'd die without (food?)

Why isn't the PSP on your list there, eh?

ye whers the psp??

anyway the ps3 will rise above them all :D and ive finaly got mine to work properly :D lol after getting 3 new ones :D still it has some amazing games! :D

LOL You have had 3 different PS3's?

Thats just as bad....if even worse than the 360!!!

Mine has lasted me a whole year now...no probs at all!

If someone is unfortuante to get a prob...its either fixed or replaced...and the owner will then hardly have any problems after that!!!

Anyway the PSP isnt on there because it was a complete failure!!! Even the DS out did the PSP...basically the PSP was an incar entertainment console...out of the car...its nothing!

Now the DS is inside and outside car entertainment....

Why isn't the PSP on your list there, eh?

ye whers the psp??

anyway the ps3 will rise above them all :D and ive finaly got mine to work properly :D lol after getting 3 new ones :D still it has some amazing games! :D

LOL You have had 3 different PS3's?

it only broke twice because it overheated due to where i kept it (small space lol)

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

I'm a Nintendo kind of guy. What do you think I picked?

Why isn't Gamecube on the list when the original playstation is?

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I'm a Nintendo kind of guy. What do you think I picked?

Why isn't Gamecube on the list when the original playstation is?

Because GameCube is not worth mentioning.

:evil: That was not very smart Pyrochild... I think we'll have to do something about that...

Haha just kidding. In a way he has a point though, considering the Wii has backwards compatibility.

Because GameCube is not worth mentioning.

I would disagree with you there, pyro. :P

I'm really not certain as to which system actually is my favorite. If the primary measure used was the size of the collection, then the PS2 would win hands down. I do indeed enjoy the system, and it is probably my favorite home console, but I must say that recently I've been quite enamored with my PSP. It's a powerful little machine, with a decent library of games and a variety of media options. One can play the specifically designed UMD games, play UMD video (if you feel like to spend the rather exorbitant price, I'm just mentioning it 'cause it's there), download game demos and game trailers off the Playstation Underground site directly through the PSP, transfer music, encoded video, and images from your PC, and create custom skins. Plus, if you like a little nostalgia in your gaming (as I do, quite ardently), you can purchase an ever-expanding library of PSone classics for abuot $6 a pop. All this in a machine that's sleek 'n shiny (though highly fingerprint attractive) and a screen that pops with vibrancy.

It's not perfect - the battery life could stand to be longer, the music player lacks any real organizational or playlisting capabilities, UMD video is spendy - but the machine is an excellent gaming performer, and a competent media and entertainment center you can stick in your pocket and take with you.

That's my take on it, anyway. I like the little bugger. Hooray for the PSP! :D

The ultra-nerd inside of me, however, would totally vote Dreamcast. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Oblivion is much easier to play on the PC though (especially the inventory is easier)

Even though Morrowind's inventory system is waaaay better than Oblivion's will ever be.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

While I like the 360, I don't own one, so I'll have to go with PC.

PC's sweet because you can mod stuff up easier than on other consoles (AFTER beating the game fairly, of course) -and like previously said - it's upgradeable, so it'll last you a bit longer...

Oh - and because of Crysis (Best FPS ever) :D

I can't wait for Assasin's to come out - because of the delay for PC - they're adding 4 new missions :)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!