Avoiding the Phot Print Wizard

I'm a brand new user of Paint.net - and really like what I have seen so far. I have one beef.

:?: The wizard doesn't provide the flexibility of size and/or placement that I often need. Is there any way to turn it off and just use the default print options that come with the system installed printer? The Paint.net program could then be used to take care of position and duplication.

I'm a brand new user of Paint.net - and really like what I have seen so far. I have one beef.

:?: The wizard doesn't provide the flexibility of size and/or placement that I often need. Is there any way to turn it off and just use the default print options that come with the system installed printer? The Paint.net program could then be used to take care of position and duplication.

I'm not sure if I fully understood your post but what I will tell you is that for me, printing on PDN is hard!

You should search next time...

Anyways no. Just save it as a JPEG or PNG and open it in regular Paint that way you can get better printing results.

I searched for one-half hour and could find nothing. :( I take it the simple answer is that the wizard may not be disabled. What a disappointment that the results of such a fine program have to be taken to a piece of c___ like Paint to print! :(

The Photo Printing Wizard is solid for what it is intended for, but unfortunately many people simply want to do other things when printing from Paint.NET. I do have a bug filed to improve this in a future release, although it might end up being through extensibility (plugins). I don't know yet. I just know that printing is a potentially enormous compatibility burden, and I'd prefer to stay safe than be robust in this area.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

The Photo Printing Wizard is solid for what it is intended for, but unfortunately many people simply want to do other things when printing from Paint.NET. I do have a bug filed to improve this in a future release, although it might end up being through extensibility (plugins). I don't know yet. I just know that printing is a potentially enormous compatibility burden, and I'd prefer to stay safe than be robust in this area.

Thanks for your decent reply. It would seem that it could selectable when electing to print [go to the wizard or to the default printer], but that's your doing. It is a very fine program. I find it quite useful and really quite friendly - except for my one complaint.

Thanks, again :D

Why not just get pdn save the file and let MS Paint handle the printing?

KaHuc.png

Why not just get pdn save the file and let MS Paint handle the printing?

MS Paint in XP Pro does not recognize a .pdn file. And, in other formats [.tif , .png] MS Paint alters the size and resolution when you open it there, even if you are only going to print it.

MS Paint in XP Pro does not recognize a .pdn file.

That's because the .PDN filetype is exclusive to Paint.NET. You can't open .PDN files with any other program.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

:D Thanks to all for your input. I found my own answer with a little experimenting. I went into "Printer Preferences" in the first pop-up window of the wizard. There I defined my paper to be the same size as the item that I wanted to get a single image of. Then when I print on whatever paper I happen to use in the printer at that moment, I get my image in the upper left hand corner of the page, within the defined margins for the page setup. I can save that page setup with a unique name for re-use. So, the Wizard turns out to be ok with me - and I will probably find it quite useful when I am printing photos for an album. :P