Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

lol i knew what tutorial you were talking about oddly enough i have been playing with it and i cant get it to turn out the way i want it yet, but i will figure a way for it to work.

edit: Figured out how to get it to fit into the image and did some other minor adjustments after i took a real hard look at it. Please tell me what you think :oops:

c6d805c6.png

click to see the full sized.. it looks better in my humble opinion.

Yes much better. The trees on the horizon gives it much more depth. That's a nice stack of firewood, you should go ahead and build a campfire. :D

This is a new landscape I did last week.

th_Lakeshore.png

@possum that is just so precious. Like it jumped right out of a storybook onto your screen. I just love those cat tails! you have growing there.

Chad that looks so much better now with the background changed. really nice work!

ciao OMA

Here is something that i have been toying with seeing what i can do. I found a tutorial for some realistic eyes and i have been working to adapt it to pdn. This is what i have so far.

bf991812.png

it still needs some work on depth and such but will you guys tell me what you think?

@ yellowman very nice water spout. I can see some great details coming out of that.

@ epic, great start to displacement. That plugin is quite useful indeed :D

here is the final version of my spacescape i have been working on. You can find the fullsized version in my gallery on page 17.

0331c5cc.png

Welsh that stone texture is amazing :shock: although it looks a little stretched on the middle section of stone.

Wanted to try a planet piece without a starscape.

4094942254_5a3ce258ca.jpg

Click for full-size

This is soo amazing. I love the emptyness, even though the planet is big, it looks so small. Great idea and you pulled it off really well.

It gives me impression the planet is in some sort of universal waiting room, waiting to be put somewhere. Really cool :D

@welshblue, this is amazing, well well done, the stone texture is fabulous, and the foggy weather is just awesome, the greenery with the tiny red flowers is fantastic, I wish if you didn't smudge the grass in front of the base, but that is a minor thing.

@Sharp, amazing planet, as what LJXD said, it waiting to be send to somewhere :)

Welsh, commented on it in your gallery :)

I think this is one my best/most realistic pieces yet. Click for full view.

4102481070_83b99f19a0.jpg

meny.png

An idea for a navigation bar for a web page I'm working on. (Original is not aliased, but I saved in a lower quality.)

The plan was to have the image placed on the bottom left and scroll with the page; the boards would be the buttons.

Don't think we'll use it though :P

wow! that's awesome, olav. The wood texture is awesome. tbh, everything is awesome! Awesome job man! :P

BTW, does anyone like my realistic pieces? cos I'm making one now

@ flip Very nice planet. It reminds me of one I saw in Babylon 5 years ago. Scary looking.

This is something I have been thinking about for quite a while. Remember the sculpture "The Thinker"? That's where the thought came from.

This is the first art piece that I have done with the new version of PdN. I did a new sig first, but this was the first real piece.

RobotThinker.png

Wow, nice work, the proportions of the "thinker" are very realistic. But one thing strikes me as odd, one of the reflected legs is more wobbled (or what did you use?) than the other.

Here's my realistic magic hat:

magichattn.jpg

(clickable thumbnail)

only the "flames" are done in apophysis

I followed THIS as good as my skills allowed

Really nice hat you made... just the flames seems to float in the middle of the hat, if that is what you wanted VERY GOOD and if not... try to lower the flames(if you have it in an other layer of course)

Here my try, black 'n white picture. I think she looks very real to me :wink: As usual, made a picture in Second life and edited in PDN. You can see the before and after in my gallery.

4125213711_77279b91bb_m.jpg

@ possum quite a striking piece you have there. There is a lot of emotion in that piece and i like it a lot.

@tio very good use of apophysis i like the fractal render that you used did you make it yourself?

@ aslin your second life pictures are getting better. Also i don't see how you have time for a second life i barely have time for one lol!